PDA

View Full Version : updated pics and vid of Clay Peak for WORCS Round

QuadJunkies
03-12-2005, 08:20 PM
A few of us went out and rode the track today.. its a bit different than it was before. Ill post the link to my vid at the end of the thread...
heres a few pics of some of the riders we were with today. :)

BlueZ440

QuadJunkies
03-12-2005, 08:21 PM

QuadJunkies
03-12-2005, 08:22 PM
My ole man on his Preddy

QuadJunkies
03-12-2005, 08:23 PM
NaterTot426ex

QuadJunkies
03-12-2005, 08:23 PM
now why cant my Camera work like this all the time??? :confused: :huh

QuadJunkies
03-12-2005, 08:24 PM
atvrider SEVEN

QuadJunkies
03-12-2005, 08:24 PM
I hope my Camera works like this for Race Coverage... :devil:

QuadJunkies
03-12-2005, 08:25 PM
my lil man

QuadJunkies
03-12-2005, 08:26 PM

QuadJunkies
03-12-2005, 08:27 PM
It was VERY windy today and so I couldnt take too many pics in case if ruined my camera
I have an untitled video from today that shows alot of the main track changes...

www.quadjunkies.neptune.com

This will give all the riders an idea of the track layout for the race next month.

Natertot426ex
03-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Hey good pic of me. I am a little sore today but I will live. I can't wait till they take that bottum bump off the step up I may just hit it a little harder then:D

Zhvonte
03-13-2005, 07:42 PM
That course still looks kindof whimpy if you ask me... At least they added something to it other than just hill riding....

thanks for sharing the video, thats way cool....

Now I get to drive 15 hours up north whereas a lot of the worcs racers had to drive a long distance to get down here the last two races....

QuadJunkies
03-13-2005, 07:47 PM
Well today WAS about taping other things too....:rolleyes: I thought taking shots up close would be good for you all to see the jumps... SORRY

And YOUR WELCOME.....

QuadJunkies
03-13-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
Hey good pic of me. I am a little sore today but I will live. I can't wait till they take that bottum bump off the step up I may just hit it a little harder then:D hahaha... I can relate!!! I raced today and Im sore from yesterday still.... :p

AndreS
03-13-2005, 11:23 PM
thanks for posting the pics & vid!!! the track looks really fast still.
question- will they be watering for the race? looks really really dusty!
i guess i need to pick up a spare air filter, just in case.

400grl
03-14-2005, 09:35 AM
How far of a drive is this from Phoenix, do you know?? Anyone? We'd like to race this race, but we have the kids that weekend, and they can only handle about a 7 hour drive at the most......me too, for that matter!! LOL!! We are doing as many WORCS races as we can from here on out........! :)

QuadJunkies
03-14-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Zhvonte
That course still looks kindof whimpy if you ask me... At least they added something to it other than just hill riding....

thanks for sharing the video, thats way cool....

Now I get to drive 15 hours up north whereas a lot of the worcs racers had to drive a long distance to get down here the last two races.... Just wait until you hit the trail section.. The whoops are so deep they were up to my Sons Waist!:huh :eek2:
Its a very fun track it looks liek they took the MASSIVE hillclimb out this year which bummed out a few people I know that like to climb hills but it can all change over time who knows. Its a Start at least .this is all being done my County people so Im not griping.The jumps need ALOT of work but some of the quads are talking with them on what we would all like to see ,it just needs perfected and longer jumps/landings ect....

400grl~~
I am pretty sure your more than 7 hours from us . its 45 minutes away from me . I know a coiple riders from here attended a race down by you . Ill ask them how far the drive was for them but its gonna be more than 7 hours I think .

Andre~~
Yeah, itsstill fast but the jumps are all goofy right now .Even the dirt bikers arent liking things right now...lol! :p
They should be watering like last time for the race, it was VERY dusty that day and we had 45MPH winds that day as well (you could prol. hear it in the video sounding like a tornado !)
Anyone heard if the same minis will be up this year ??? Im hoping we have some turn out so my kids both can race this year.
Ill keep you up to date on any thing new I hear as well.. :)

Zhvonte
03-14-2005, 11:08 AM
corry, its roughly 1100 miles and thats from my house (near speedworld) going thru vegas and up thru salt lake, and then over to boise. I got there in 14 hours or so doing in excess of 85-90 mph a good portion of the trip with only two 10-minute (pit/gas) stops. Your family with the trailer, from chandler area, give yourself about 18 hours to get there.....

seven
03-14-2005, 11:56 AM
That track still needs a LOT of work!

400grl
03-14-2005, 12:47 PM
HOLY COW!!!! I knew there was a reason we didn't make it last year!!!! I think we will have to pass this year, too - we will save our gas money for Taft......but the ups and downs look like alot of fun......I will be watching for the coverage, for sure!!!!

quadjeff
03-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Pretty sad last year only a few locals (from Idaho) even raced the WORCS race. The course is really fast. The whoops are big but there is plenty of room to rest. The MX track is more like a GP course. But what do I know.. 9 hours from washington. It was worth the drive.

daddio
03-14-2005, 04:20 PM
Quadjeff.........you better "work out" some more before the worcs race. It looked like the "little 13 yr old" ran you ragged on sunday in the mx race. :D :D :D

wile76
03-14-2005, 05:55 PM
yeah it is 14 from phx to here cause i dread the drive. LOL i make it like 6 times a year to go see the Dad and friends. Next time i am bringen by quad thou get some quality Glamis time in...

ThumPIN_450R
03-14-2005, 06:24 PM
I hope to be there this time and some other locals from eastern washington will be also be making the trip to idaho

Duncanracer
03-14-2005, 06:29 PM
I think last year it took us about 13-14 hours from Souther California

I cant wait for this race....

oh and QJ for some reason the videos ont hat site dont like me, i dl'ed the latest and greatest windows media platyer and it still says i dont ahve it....oh welll....

If any of you are coming to taft, be prepared for rough, its alot rougher then Havasu and a little more dangerous in my opinion....most of the downhills have huge braking bumps and square edges and everything imaginable on them....

other thent hat its a blast...

QuadJunkies
03-14-2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Duncanracer
I think last year it took us about 13-14 hours from Souther California

I cant wait for this race....

oh and QJ for some reason the videos ont hat site dont like me, i dl'ed the latest and greatest windows media platyer and it still says i dont ahve it....oh welll....

If any of you are coming to taft, be prepared for rough, its alot rougher then Havasu and a little more dangerous in my opinion....most of the downhills have huge braking bumps and square edges and everything imaginable on them....

other thent hat its a blast... I guess theres one IP that wont let you log to neptune but I forgot which one it was:confused: what do you have ??
quadjeff~~ This years Idaho riders should be alot more. We are averaging ALOT more riders this year now that riders here know its NOT all about dirtbikes.. ;) :D lol

QuadJunkies
03-17-2005, 12:22 AM
heres the flyer....

daddio
03-17-2005, 06:38 AM
So, they are going to have motorcycles also??????
"Classes for the whole family.If you have a motorcycle, then we have classes for you to race in"

QuadJunkies
03-17-2005, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by daddio
So, they are going to have motorcycles also??????
"Classes for the whole family.If you have a motorcycle, then we have classes for you to race in" I think that was just a tidbit they threw in for other bikes to see that they also have a series for bikes, but that brings up a good point!!! If thats the case, some of the bikes could be easily confused by that

400grl
03-17-2005, 09:09 AM
It looks like it was overlooked when they did the poster for the quads....they probably used the same format as they had for the bikes, and maybe just accidentally left that balloon in there........