PDA

View Full Version : Leaking base gasket on 250R

Jpoutlaw250R
03-12-2005, 07:52 PM
Hey i was just gettin my quad ready for a race in the morning and had everything ready to go and spun it around the yard a couple times to make sure everything was good and took it back and was lookin and some how noticed that there was some oil leaking from around the base gasket. It is still running really strong so i was wondering if i should replace the gasket tonight cuz i got one on hand or should i be fine to race one class tomm. and then change it afterwards?? I just wasn't sure if it would hurt anything too bad or not really just might loose a lil performance til its changed. I am kinda planning on replacing the top end before too long if that makes any diff. I did tighten and retorque down the cylinder they were still pretty good tho only a few pounds off of the highest torque the book said they should be so figured they aughta be good. Well thank you for your time and any help would be apreciated, kinda need suggestions asap if possible. thanks!

2muchquad
03-12-2005, 11:55 PM
leaking oil?are you sure you dont just have a lot of exhaust "soot" where your pipe connects to the cylinder.if your loosing coolant or blowing a lot of smoke then i would say base gasket.