PDA

View Full Version : What does it take to be a Parts Ulimited Dealer?

trx310
03-12-2005, 07:39 PM
I want to know what it would take, and if anyone wants to help get an ebay type PU dealership going.

SRH
03-12-2005, 11:20 PM
part unlimited is a rip, dealer cost is almost what rocky mountain charges list

chucked
03-13-2005, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by SRH
part unlimited is a rip, dealer cost is almost what rocky mountain charges list Parts unlimited is not a rip. My neighbor is a Parts dealer, I just got a set of standard AC Racing nerfs for about $170 OTD. You have to spend like 4 grand through them a month to be a dealer. I would be be surprised if rocky mountain got their parts through parts unlimited.

Rich250RRacer
03-13-2005, 08:32 AM
You must have a legit store with a showroom area, frontage with a sign, and a bunch of other requirements.

SRH
03-13-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by chucked
Parts unlimited is not a rip. My neighbor is a Parts dealer, I just got a set of standard AC Racing nerfs for about $170 OTD. You have to spend like 4 grand through them a month to be a dealer. I would be be surprised if rocky mountain got their parts through parts unlimited.

and you think thats a good deal:eek2: thats list from ac ......

most of parts unlimited prices are close to double of that of rocky mountain, we pay 20% over dealer cost and were still not close to rocky mountains prices, there is a few things we save on but thats it, there dealer cost is still higher on most things than what rocky mountain charges, rocky mountain isnt a parts unlimited dealer either... heres a few examples of what ive expiiriences in the last couple weeks

went to order a ids2 pipe for co worker, parts unlimited was 100 dollars more than rocky mountain!!! and after are discount it was still 45 bucks more

he wanted a twist throttle kit too, list on it from parts was 2 times the price....with are discount it came to the same as rocky mountains list price...

my roll footpegs were 250 from parts i paid 213 shipped from rocky mountain....there are ton more examples i had been dealing with parts unlimited for years but nowive found better deals

by the way...those nerfs you orderd, i ordered them for my yfz last year they were 140 from parts direct and i got free shipping, i assume u bought them for your 400ex here they are for 140
http://www.gopartsdirect.com/atv/item2003.asp?ItemID=3696&Category=170&MFG=AC+RACING&SubCat=&Placeholder=0

hetrick425ex
03-13-2005, 10:24 AM
Parts unlimited is probably the most challenging distributer to attempt to work with. it feels like your signing up to be a vendor for the FBI or something. Decent prices, good services. Good
Luck!

jcv400ex
03-13-2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by hetrick425ex
Parts unlimited is probably the most challenging distributer to attempt to work with. it feels like your signing up to be a vendor for the FBI or something. Decent prices, good services. Good
Luck!

Marshall Lover!!!!!!!!!! :macho

How's the 425 runnin ya little prick!?

You gotta have a business first, then talk to a rep. Doing a ebay thing with Parts, I wouldn't recommend it. It'd be hard to make money at it.

Aceman
03-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Parts unlimited is not a rip. My neighbor is a Parts dealer, I just got a set of standard AC Racing nerfs for about $170 OTD.

Originally posted by SRH
by the way...those nerfs you orderd, i ordered them for my yfz last year they were 140 from parts direct and i got free shipping, i assume u bought them for your 400ex here they are for 140
http://www.gopartsdirect.com/atv/item2003.asp?ItemID=3696&Category=170&MFG=AC+RACING&SubCat=&Placeholder=0

Ouch, I hate when that happens.

:mad: :grr: :blah:

Quad18star
03-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by hetrick425ex
Luck!

At work we deal with Parts Canada ( same company as Parts Unlimited , except for Canada ... but I'm sure you figured that out) ... anyways their application process is very very very easy and they'll make just about anyone a dealer for their products . We've always had great service with them . The parts are usually in stock and we receive them next day . We also get great prices along with an awesome discount . Sorry I'm not at will to disclose ... but it's one of the best discounts from all the companies we deal with.

chucked
03-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by SRH
and you think thats a good deal:eek2: thats list from ac ......

most of parts unlimited prices are close to double of that of rocky mountain, we pay 20% over dealer cost and were still not close to rocky mountains prices, there is a few things we save on but thats it, there dealer cost is still higher on most things than what rocky mountain charges, rocky mountain isnt a parts unlimited dealer either... heres a few examples of what ive expiiriences in the last couple weeks

went to order a ids2 pipe for co worker, parts unlimited was 100 dollars more than rocky mountain!!! and after are discount it was still 45 bucks more

he wanted a twist throttle kit too, list on it from parts was 2 times the price....with are discount it came to the same as rocky mountains list price...

my roll footpegs were 250 from parts i paid 213 shipped from rocky mountain....there are ton more examples i had been dealing with parts unlimited for years but nowive found better deals

Then they are $160 with shipping, and I got them the day after I ordered them, and installed for free. Ill stick with them.

duke416ex
03-13-2005, 07:30 PM
I checked on this a few weeks ago. You have to have a store front, showroom space, tax number, dealers liscence, business phone line, $5000 first order, and $6500 order every year. It's about like you would have to spend $5000 to get where you make an order and $5000 on the order. And you won't know any prices til you get the store going cause they will not send you any price list to let you see if you can make money or not.

gojk
03-13-2005, 11:19 PM
I have a dealer catalog in front of me right now, and I can tell you that dealer cost is alot less than what you pay anywhere.