PDA

View Full Version : mechanical failure

mitchummm
03-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Hey i got a couple questions for maybe some people that this has ahappened to.
I was racing my first moto today in the SEQRA race at Warrior. My 450r has a bad problem I believe it is electrical. I have been practicing hard for two weeks and have been preping my quad everytime before i ride. BUt of course somehting bad happenes at the race. Th ebike seems to be bogging and trying to cut off after a double or the whoops or anything like that. It cost me the race big time, i lost the holeshot bbecaus eof it, but was wokring my way back up and worked up 5 places to 3rd and it cut off in the air and that almost sent me over the bars endoing. At that point i was angry and was trying to work my way back up and ended up bending my XFACTOR pro pegs into a V on the left side. I have a prodesign kill switch. Has this happened with anybody, anything to look for? I know my jetting is fine, so i think its electrical when im bouncing arouind. I rode it around the neighborhood revving it hard and no such occurance again? Anyone have this situation happen? Please help, it is very frustrating when you know yhoure physically and mentally capable of getting podium finish, but your machine suffers mechanical problems.
thanks alot, Mitch

wvspeedfreak
03-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Have you ever had the carb apart?If not,you might want to take it off and clean it.I have heard of several instances where there was small plastic particles in the carb from the gas tank and it caused symptoms like you are describing.

mitchummm
03-13-2005, 12:00 AM
no i have no had the carb completley off yetl, but ther funny thing is that thisd was only happening during the race and i was riding 98% as hard in practice for the past week and nothing has happeneed. THANKS FOR THE INFO THOUGH. I ALWAYS CHECK FOR PLASTIC BITS OR ANYTHING NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE TANK.
damnit sorry about the caps lock. whoops

vtwoodsrider
03-13-2005, 05:20 PM
i had the same thing happen to me on my 400..def almost ate it hard too. it ended up being the fuel line comming of the petcock was off but under nrmal riding the pressure on the line kept it on and while jumping or whoops it would come off and leak fuel and cause the motor to die out.

03-13-2005, 07:10 PM
take your carb apart...450's are having a little problem with some plastic pieces coming loose (from the gas tank I think??) and clogging up the carb

culookn
03-14-2005, 07:33 AM
mine had the small pieces of plastic in the bottom part of the carb. take a look.

sunco
03-14-2005, 07:59 AM
I have a prodesign kill switch - Honda dealer was gonna hook it up but they tested it & said it had intermittent spark. They said it wouldn't work. Refer to the kill switch post. Maybe that's the problem. Good luck, keep us posted.

dunebuggie66
03-14-2005, 08:15 AM
i had a similar problem with mine. it was wet, and muddy. and i was heading to the gates, and she started sputtering, and cutting out. i originally thought it was water in my carb or something. but upon getting it home and lookingj it over i found that the gtound wire to the coil had a loose connection. so i squeezed it together a little , and applied some di-electric grease and haven't had a problem since.

rodenberg35
03-14-2005, 02:18 PM
my quad is doing the same crap I havent even put my kill switch on yet. I was shure it had a carb prob first time it happend