PDA

View Full Version : Recon

crazyriles
03-12-2005, 09:04 AM
IS there any aftermarket suspension for a recon(like works)? and can i use my razr 2s on .190s from my sport quads and put it on it?

400Rider022
03-12-2005, 09:23 AM
y put shocks on a recon?????

crazyriles
03-12-2005, 09:37 AM
I want to mod it for harescrambles

JDiablo
03-12-2005, 09:40 AM
yes i think 250ex shocks will work but im not postoive,im sure elka makes them,if you can get ahold of Elka ask them the mesaurements on the 250ex shock and go measure your recon shocks,im planning on putting 300ex shocks on my suzuzki ozark,they fit perfectly,both front and rear

ReconRider25
03-12-2005, 11:38 AM
yes there is aftermarket shocks for the recon. the front shocks on the 250ex i know will fit the recon but it will raise up the front of it too from the longer shocks. also a banshee front shock will work in the rear of the ex so it should work on the recon. and what bolt pattern are the rims? if theyre honda it should fit. they used the same bolt pattern on most of their quads. i know the ltz/kfx rims have the same pattern as well. also if you want to get rid of the racks you will need to make brackets for the rear to support them and if you want to run a different front bumper the ones for the 250ex will fit. that will require brackets to support the plastics also. lemme know if you have any other questions. i got alot of experience with this quad and modifying it.:o

NacsMXer
03-12-2005, 12:15 PM
Progressive suspension makes shocks for the Honda TRX300 that bolt right up to the Recon. They make the quad sit slightly taller, but they work great. My buddy had them on his Recon back in the day and they made a world of difference. He was jumping it 4 feet in the air no problem.....smooth landings. Seriously check out Progressive because they aren't as expensive as many alternatives.

brian-250
03-13-2005, 04:44 PM
proggressive makes OEM replacement shocks for the recon, elka makes shocks for anything if you got the $$, give them a call they'll set you up. i to have lots of time modding and riding one of these machines.