PDA

View Full Version : Need help Quick, Float bowl overflow pouring out gas

yamablaster24
03-11-2005, 09:10 PM
OK im really getting mad, i just bought new floats, float valve, cleaned everything out spotless, cleaned all jets and everything. When i first got my ex used it kept leaking right after you start it and leaks unless your WOT. PLease help i replaced just about everything and no luck. Im going to NEMX practice at 7 in the morning

jiggaman2401
03-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Did you clean out your gas tank? They can get realy dirty and just keep dirtying your carb.. Not that its normal but there was grass and pebbles in mine!

jiggaman2401
03-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Another thing theres a screw that you can turn and it will drain your carb threw the overflow tube.. Take that screw out check the o-rings make sure there not dried up and put it back in..

yamablaster24
03-11-2005, 11:51 PM
did all that....:(

jiggaman2401
03-12-2005, 08:51 AM
Try taking compressed air and blow out all the lines.. There may be something stuck in one of them..

js3350z
03-12-2005, 10:33 AM
this may not apply to quad carbs, but where I work (small engine repair) certain chemicals/gas additives expand the seat (which is rubber in those carbs)

again, I don't know if the quad carbs are the same
I just got my 400ex and haven't went into the carb yet

i hope this helped

yamablaster24
03-12-2005, 07:25 PM
ill try it, i just got back from practice at NEMX and it only leaks when i turn quad off, so i just kept gas off and it was fine.

I guess i have to get quicksilver carb :blah:

crazyelece
03-12-2005, 07:32 PM
It may also have a bad seat on the float valve. The little rubber tip goes into the seat, if for some reason that seat is dinged or scratched fuel can leak past and shoot out the overflow. Also just FYI - that little screw that drains the bowl is not the overflow. It is the drain line. The two are different so you need to make sure fuel is coming out of the overflow or the drain line to get the correct troubleshooting. Before you buy an expensive new carb, I'd look on ebay and pick up a used stock one. They usually sell for around 30-40 dollars. Then use yours as a spare.

ckasper18
03-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Did you replace the needle and seat in the carb it sounds like it is wore a little and the needle and the seat when the throttle is off should seal the needle and seat and if its worn the needle is allowing fuel to trickle into the bowl all the time causing your float bowl to fill and run out the overflow tube.That would be my first place i would start i sell a lot of them working at a dealership and takes care of 95 percent of the customers with the same problem.Chris