PDA

View Full Version : well im going to start racing xc on my 300ex

lilwitting
03-11-2005, 07:38 PM
i need some help picking some aftermarket parts like the pipe and the motor everything could u help :confused:

96lapis coupe
03-12-2005, 03:27 AM
I would make sure you buy a good aftermarket belly skid and swingarm skid first, nerf bars, and kill switch. Then all my money would go too suspension, at least a set of works performance shocks all the way around before I spent a dime on the motor. That's just my opinion, someone else may tell you to do tires after the skids which is another option. Anyone that tells you to spend your mod money for xc racing on your motor first, just look at em like this :huh

Out_Sider
03-12-2005, 03:45 PM
yup, suspension ALWAYS comes before anything on a quad

brian-250
03-12-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
yup, suspension ALWAYS comes before anything on a quad

yes sir, in XC a fast motor and crappy shocks will just kill you, get a good set of works shocks or elkas.:D

Cody_300ex
03-13-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by brian-250
yes sir, in XC a fast motor and crappy shocks will just kill you, get a good set of works shocks or elkas.:D

Yea but if your crappy stock swingarm skid falls off and you have a broke/warped rear rotor or sproket elkas isn't gunna help ya there.

jeepnrocks
03-14-2005, 04:08 PM
i agree, especially with endurance style races, suspension is key !

03-14-2005, 04:11 PM
i have a 400ex and i am also looking to start racing XC. whut will happen if i have a stock suspension besides being uncomfertible?
whould 450r shocks do better?

Screamin440
03-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by bump
i have a 400ex and i am also looking to start racing XC. whut will happen if i have a stock suspension besides being uncomfertible?
whould 450r shocks do better?

You're going to wear yourself out prematurely. You also won't be able to hit the rough stuff nearly as fast which will cost you valuable minutes over the length of the course.

WhiteZee
03-14-2005, 07:56 PM
considering these guys are new to racing, they do not need new shocks quite yet. they need to get out there and experience the race first hand, then decide from there on which parts would help them the most. there are tons of people racing XC with stock suspension.

03ChevyX
03-15-2005, 09:21 PM
dont mod it yet untill youhave raced a few time you dont need to win!!! just go race and see what its like. its alot diff. than you would imagine.get used to it before you start pushin too hard