PDA

View Full Version : could i beat one off the line

sam the brave
03-11-2005, 05:32 PM
i am just wondering if i could take a 450r off the line not a long drag about 100feet and thats.
this kid is getting cockey now that hes got a 450 and i wanna show him that i would be able to take him off the line
mods are in my sig

HAVOK
03-11-2005, 05:36 PM
I think your tusk break rotor will slow you down. :D

sam the brave
03-11-2005, 05:39 PM
i am not saying anything bad about the 450r
but this kid keeps saying his stock 450 will beat every bike out there.
but i think i would beat him off the line and in the mid range but he will kill me in top end
what do you guys think

03-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by sam the brave
i am not saying anything bad about the 450r
but this kid keeps saying his stock 450 will beat every bike out there.
but i think i would beat him off the line and in the mid range but he will kill me in top end
what do you guys think

he will beat you big time, i had a 416ex, far more modded then yours, and a 450r would beat me by about 1-2 bikes in a 300ft at the dunes, so i really doubt u would even touch him sorry to say

sam the brave
03-11-2005, 06:04 PM
i not taling about top end i am talking about off the line
i think i will beat him off the line

DirtDevilBT
03-11-2005, 06:33 PM
A friend of mine has a 440ex and gets me off the line out at Glamis every time. We both start in 2nd and shift to 3rd right away. I pass him in mid 4th and then I'm gone. I even have the 13 tooth gear, but I'm happy with beating him up Olds too.

03-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by sam the brave
i not taling about top end i am talking about off the line
i think i will beat him off the line

im telling you that your not gonna beat him in any part of the power band, i dragged a raptor that was highly modded, took it at every single part of the power band except for the top end...cc advantage...but the raptor has a lot more low end then a 400ex, even a modded one, there is no way you will beat him

4fiddyR
03-11-2005, 08:58 PM
TaDa!!!!!!!!!:p

vtwoodsrider
03-12-2005, 05:15 AM
it will do it! but you wanna stop the drag race about as soon as you shift into 3rd cause after that its all over. when i had my 400 ex with a stock motor and would line it up against 450r's i would beat them every time till i hit about mid 3rd then the 450's catch traction and its all over and the 400 is in the dust wth no chance of ever catching it. plus you never know the kid may suck at holeshots and you could easily beat him.

1fast450R
03-12-2005, 11:06 AM
It will not happen...

JRDrider22
03-12-2005, 01:47 PM
its all in the rider and how good you are in the holeshot. yea some guy may suck on a holeshot and recover quickly. im that type of guy.. i hate holeshots, but i can recover from last to 1st in no problem. if you are good enough on the holeshot, you can take it

tdsongster
03-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Listen, no one wants to go out and spend a whole bunch of money and find out that the new expensive bike doesn't beat everything in the world. U are just asking for a whole lof of hype. I am not really sure about why all the concern about a straight line race. Maybe becuase that takes the least amount of talent?
Also, if just going in a straight line really fast is all you want to do, then get a banshee or DS650 or something. Of course the DS650 is so huge it won't even fit on some of the trails that I have ran.

I have raced 450s and they will start to get me at the top of 5th gear. I have also raced them in the woods, and that is a whole different story.

IMO mx and xc is way more talent then bike. There is a guy I have done some xc racing with a few times. He had an older quad with a 200cc 2 stroke. That little thing is so freaking fast, I can not beat him, nor have never seen anyone beat him. So, in a straight line, yes a 450 would take him, xc, not a chance.

Just my 2 cents...

sam the brave
03-12-2005, 03:38 PM
well i raced him today
i beat him buy a good amount off the line but when i hit 4th he passed me
and no i dont just drag i am racing mx next year