PDA

View Full Version : anyone here bleed dual line ss lines?

Out_Sider
03-11-2005, 04:22 PM
:mad: :grr: :scary: ahhh!!! aight i got the dual line ss braided brake lines up front cuz everyone said their stopping power is unbelievable, and i got them on and all that, and som biitch! when do they bleed? ive been out there for 2 hours straight tryin to bleed these *******s, and they're gettin to where some brake fluid spits out, but all it really does is dribble out kinda. is there some secret im missing here? i think 2 hours of bleeding should have done it :mad:

Yamahauler_04
03-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Two hours is a little excessive, but they do take a while. Are you sure you are bleeding them correctly? Maybe you have some air trapped in there.

Try a vaccuum bleeder. They work great.

sampleez
03-11-2005, 05:04 PM
who makes this and how much?

Out_Sider
03-11-2005, 05:07 PM
i got mine from ASR, but LSR makes them also

MD450r
03-11-2005, 05:15 PM
This is what I did when I had trouble bleeding my dual lines.

The standard, keep the resivoir full and the lid on the resivoir when your not filling it. I removed the brake line from one of the calipers at a time.

Squeeze the brake lever and keep your fingers off of the banjo fitting, then when you go to release the lever slowly, seal the banjo fitting with your thumb and finger. Do it over and over again until the brake fluid flows out good then tighten the fitting back onto the caliper. Repeat the process on the other side.

This worked really good for me once I stoped running the resivoir dry:D .

Aaron

K_Fulk
03-11-2005, 06:29 PM
I just filled up my reservoir cracked the bleed valve on one side let gravity do the work , then did the same on the other side. After that I started bleeding the regular way.

The stopping power isnt any diffrent then standard stainless lines... just harder to bleed.

JOEX
03-11-2005, 08:58 PM
JMO, but it seems there are more negatives to the dual line set up rather than a single line with a splitter:ermm:

SS lines are much better than stock:)

Out_Sider
03-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
I just filled up my reservoir cracked the bleed valve on one side let gravity do the work , then did the same on the other side. After that I started bleeding the regular way.

The stopping power isnt any diffrent then standard stainless lines... just harder to bleed.

so all i do is unscrew the caps and do a gravity bleed? will that make my brakes better or easier to bleed

K_Fulk
03-12-2005, 08:53 AM
It wont make it any easier, just gets the process going.

The easiest way if you had the equipment would be to reverse bleed it. If you had a syringe and line you could push it from the bleed screws up to the master cylinder.

This explains it better
http://www.moccsplace.com/images/brakes/bleeder/bleeder.htm

Out_Sider
03-12-2005, 12:02 PM
well i did the gravity bleed thing, and it really helped get it goin, they're still a good bit mushy right now, so i'll need to bleed them some more, but right now im sick of it, lol, atleast i know i got some brakes up front now :macho i gotta wait on my motor still anyways

and for some of ya'll that may not understand what we mean by 'dual line brakes' here is a pic of my setup-
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/3205/quad_150.jpg

250R-Dee
03-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Go down to the nearest auto parts store and buy a bleeder bottle that has a check valve($10~$15). You should be able to bleed both sides in less than 5 minutes. I use one of these on all of my vehicles.

Aceman
03-12-2005, 08:19 PM
Looks good, you just need some grips now.:p

Out_Sider
03-12-2005, 10:05 PM
haha, yah grips are coming, BUT i've bleed the brakes as all i can, and they are still mushy, WTF? my brakes were just liek this with my stock lines, and i bought a new master cylinder so could my calipers be freaked up, or am i just not bleeding them enough?

HiperEX
03-12-2005, 10:13 PM
yeah bleeding the brakes seem like it takes forever to do on your first try, but once ya get it its easy, also thats a nice ex got got there any full pics?

Jpoutlaw250R
03-12-2005, 11:20 PM
Sry off the subject What bend bars are those? and have you had a chance to try them? do you like them?? i won a pair like them but havn't tried them, tryin to decide if i wanna or just sell them they are some suzuki bend i think. thanks, later