PDA

View Full Version : crf cam in trx 450

rodenberg35
03-11-2005, 01:01 PM
How well does the crf cam work in the trx motor.

red2004 TRX450R
03-11-2005, 02:00 PM
it works
there is like 1 million threads on the subject
but the search will not let u look for 3 letter words! :confused: :mad:

so just look around!!

03-11-2005, 02:30 PM
stage 2 hotcam is better then this cam, try the stage 2, ask chad for info on the cams, hes very informed on the subject :macho

White7
03-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by red2004 TRX450R
search will not let u look for 3 letter words! :confused: :mad:

so just look around!!

Search cam* in titles only ,,i got 17 pages of results

DirtDevilBT
03-11-2005, 06:51 PM
I have heard a great deal about the Hot Cams S2 cam, meaning it seems to be working good. I have the 02 CRF cam and am very happy with it, but that's also because I run low rpms and use the torgue it gives me. I also bought it used and in great shape so 200 is not what I paid. It depends on where you want more of your power, the S2 is good for mid-upper in power and the 02 CRF is better down low-upper mid and then drops off a little up top.

I am in the saving process for a 12:1 piston and port work and will put the Hot Cam in to complement the piston. It all really depends on where you want the power and what u plan on doing with it. Whatever you do though, doing buy the S1, it's a waste of money IMO.

chad502ex
03-12-2005, 09:42 AM
yes, there is tuns of info on cams for the 450r

one of the last threads i contributed in regarding cams was a thread that was started by Xx_HondaRacer_xX.

That thread question was very similiar to yours. Look up Xx's posting and you'll be able to see lots of cams specs broken down for gain

Hope this helps.

Chad

DirtDevelBT: you are on with your thoughts about the "arm-pumping" S1 cam ;)

03-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
yes, there is tuns of info on cams for the 450r

one of the last threads i contributed in regarding cams was a thread that was started by Xx_HondaRacer_xX.

That thread question was very similiar to yours. Look up Xx's posting and you'll be able to see lots of cams specs broken down for gain

Hope this helps.

Chad

DirtDevelBT: you are on with your thoughts about the "arm-pumping" S1 cam ;)

ya chad left a lot of good info on that thread, you could learn a lot :macho