PDA

View Full Version : valvetrain concern??

red400ryder
05-07-2002, 06:29 PM
I just adjusted my valves today to fix them right and I'm wondering how much ticking is acceptable. I've heard these motors like the 400s have are suppose to tick some. so how much are these 400s suppose to tick so maybe I might know that my adjustments are right on. later from madmike

red400ryder
05-07-2002, 07:08 PM
come on people i know somebody knows something that can help me out here i need some info.

crashinmatt
05-07-2002, 07:11 PM
well, i dont know if this helps but mine has always ticked slightly. even after i adjusted my vavles, which i know i did correctly and even double checked. so as long as the ticking isnt loud and doesnt get any worse then u should have no problem.

redzoomer
05-07-2002, 07:13 PM
I adjusted mine the other day.. they still have a slight tick. but not quite as bad.. I think they all tick some.

red400ryder
05-07-2002, 07:22 PM
yeah mine ticks pretty good but it ain't that bad. my motor is running good. is your 400's ticking noise good enough to be heard at idle why you're standing a good couple feet from it or should you be able to hear it like that. that's how mine is but I adjusted them today. give me some feedback

red400ryder
05-07-2002, 08:44 PM
can anybody give me some feedback to my question about the valves ticking? I was wondering while your engine is at idle and you're standing a couple of feet from your bike can any of you hear your bike's valves ticking and is that normal for them to be heard like that? please anybody help me and I'll leave ya alone.