PDA

View Full Version : Ever have the Foot pegs tear you up ??

QuadJunkies
03-11-2005, 12:23 AM
I just got the stitches out of my leg today from my foot pegs ( I call them my meat cleavers :o ) and I still have DEEP hole in my leg :huh from it. I bet its gonna take months to heal up . I waited too long to get stiches so they had to leave them loos stitched so Ill prol. have a nice scar :rolleyes: so I guess thats my own fault.

Just wondering if anyone has ever had an attack from there foot pegs . My ole man took the grinder to mine so the tips are not quite so aggressive. I still love my pegs though.:)

hondarider2006
03-11-2005, 01:19 AM
I have slipped over and got ran over before...nothing that bad though. All I know is after that happend I ordered nerfs;)

honduh440
03-11-2005, 01:54 AM
a friend of mine was at the dunes ridding his drag banshee "no nerf bars" and he flipped and the bike flipped on him with the peg jabbing him in the leg. it tore him up pretty good

CTmxyfz
03-11-2005, 04:26 AM
flipped a big going off an embankment(long story, this happened in the dunes 3,000 miles from home) and the footpeg pierced my shin. Nice 8 inch scar for life now after the 8 staples and 2 stiches.

fastblaster2002
03-11-2005, 06:19 AM
my friend (jack) and his friend (chris) side-swiped on dirtbikes...jack had full gear on...boots,chest protector,helmet,etc....chris had a pair of tennis shoes,no shirt,jeans,helmet..jack ended up breaking his leg,arm,wrist,and the foot peg went into his leg...nothing happened to chris...jack has a huge scar now its sick

QuadJunkies
03-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by CTmxyfz
flipped a big going off an embankment(long story, this happened in the dunes 3,000 miles from home) and the footpeg pierced my shin. Nice 8 inch scar for life now after the 8 staples and 2 stiches. OUCH!!! you had the staples in your chin???!! :eek: :eek2: I think Ill quit griping now.... :o :p The radiator shroud got me good too, IVe got like water behind the knee but since theres so many major veins there they cant drain it they said:( I ended up with nerve damage there

CTmxyfz
03-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
OUCH!!! you had the staples in your chin???!! :eek: :eek2: I think Ill quit griping now.... :o :p The radiator shroud got me good too, IVe got like water behind the knee but since theres so many major veins there they cant drain it they said:( I ended up with nerve damage there

Shin QJ, not chin... lol

Got Roost?
03-11-2005, 11:12 AM
A friend of mine got the bad end of a foot peg. He jumped a dune and when he landed his foot wasn't on the peg. His shin scraped the end of the peg which acted like an ice cream scooper. It made a gash about 6"- 8" long and 2" wide and also shaved out a piece of shin bone. He had to have surgery and he couldn't walk on it for 6 weeks. Needless to say, he got boots and nerf bars after that.

QuadJunkies
03-11-2005, 12:00 PM
I have a pic of it.. anyone up for it?? :eek2: LOL its a close up so beware....

ballisticpb
03-11-2005, 12:14 PM
Go for it QJ a little gore is all ways fun

QuadJunkies
03-11-2005, 12:21 PM
the pic doesnt show how deep it is but its fingernail deep, it was half a thumb deep three weeks ago.... :huh I gotta figure a way to ppad this up for the wk end I riding tomorrow and racing MX on Sunday...

ballisticpb
03-11-2005, 12:53 PM
wow quite a gash. they took the stitches out and it still looks like that??

QuadJunkies
03-11-2005, 01:11 PM
yeah it was pretty deep and beciase I waited so long to get it stictched they couldnt stitch it up more for risk of infection.. They should make a nice scar :ermm: I dont think its gonna seal with new skin for a long time..

Rico
03-11-2005, 01:22 PM
How the heck did the foot peg get you with nerfs on there????

Quad18star
03-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Oh trust me .... that is going to take a LONG time to heal . It took my gashes well over 5 months to completely heal up ... and I usually heal pretty quickly when I cut myself . You will have a nice scar from it , I can guarantee that much .

Best thing to do if you want to go ridding , is put a gaze with vasaline on it , then wrap it up with the kind of cotton stuff they use to make casts ( before they put the fiberglass or the paste) , then wrap a tenser bandage around it ( not too tight ) . Make sure you go well below the wound and well above the wound , so that nothing can reach the area .

I'll take a picture of the nasty scar I now have on my leg and show you what yours may look like when it is healed up .

Quad18star
03-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Expect something like this !!!

p.s . Don't mind the hairy leg . ;) LOL

Quad18star
03-11-2005, 01:33 PM
In case you don't remember what it looked like before , this is it !!! I took most of my own stitches out ... I didn't feel like waiting 3 hours to see a doctor , so a pair of small scissors and tweezers did the trick . I used alcohol to steralize the things before ( I've spent way too much time in the hospital watching nurses do it ... I'm a Pro LOL ;) )

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid138/p245262459c5effeb2bd0bdc9f8c68e49/f7179269.jpg

nat3060
03-11-2005, 01:41 PM
ouch

FoxRacing81
03-11-2005, 01:42 PM
No, but I have had footpegs not grip well and get my foot trapped under wheel when landing a jump.

That hurts.

AtvMxRider
03-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by ballisticpb
wow quite a gash.

Yeah I have said that before:devil:

Got nads?
03-11-2005, 04:22 PM
had that happen to me as well. I was drag racing a couple buddies when I caught some unexpected air while tapped out in fifth. After flying quite far, I landed only to have my foot slip off my iced up foot peg, and get caught by my studded rear tire. The end result was my foot under my quad and my leg (right above where my boot ends) getting bashed into the foot peg. I couldn't walk the next day and it stayed swollen for over two weeks. And it's still not feelin' right. The real $hitty thing was it happened one week before a 24hr endurance Ice race, that i raced in with a pretty beat up leg.

wvspeedfreak
03-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Yeah I have said that before:devil:

LMAO:D :D

blue416ex
03-11-2005, 06:57 PM
never did anything like that thank god BUT when i had my blaster my foot slipped off the peg when i was dragging a 400ex i was in 6th pinned foot slipped and sucked my foot under the rear paddle !!! now that was painful twisted my leg around almost 1 full rotation i thout it snapped but it didnt i just had take a nice long walk up the strip and back to walk it off literally:macho

QuadJunkies
03-12-2005, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Rico
How the heck did the foot peg get you with nerfs on there???? I dunno.. other than when the quad landed on top of me if somehow hit my leg and the shroud got the other at the same time ....Im guessing it wa sthe kicker on the foot peg that got my leg from what I was told.

QuadJunkies
03-12-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
In case you don't remember what it looked like before , this is it !!! I took most of my own stitches out ... I didn't feel like waiting 3 hours to see a doctor , so a pair of small scissors and tweezers did the trick . I used alcohol to steralize the things before ( I've spent way too much time in the hospital watching nurses do it ... I'm a Pro LOL ;) )

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid138/p245262459c5effeb2bd0bdc9f8c68e49/f7179269.jpg you POOR thing!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek2: I wonder if I could butterfly stich mine at all. I wish I could have gotten it a little tighte stitched so it would heal better

QuadJunkies
03-12-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Yeah I have said that before:devil: LMAO!!! :p

dunnonuttin
03-12-2005, 05:57 AM
everyone on here knows i race bmx and it happens to EVERYONE no matter how good you are that you will slip on the pedals a few times and get a gigantic gash down your leg. i have slipped and had to have stiches. also ive went over the bars a few times and the tire got my chin pretty good and left a nice road burn mark that was blood red for about a month. heres a pic of what my pedals look like, does not feel too good to slip on these cleavers

http://www.crupibmx.com/images/products/pedals/bnrsqr.gif

CTmxyfz
03-12-2005, 07:05 AM
Ah... The good old crupis. Those things are killers. I got chewed up bag riding my buddies BMX bike with crupis. I bought a pair for my bike, but after that fall, i never put them on. I just kept my primos on there. I liked them, but now my crupis are sitting in a box going on unused for 3 years now. I need to sell them.

dunnonuttin
03-12-2005, 07:48 AM
Ah... The good old crupis. Those things are killers. I got chewed up bag riding my buddies BMX bike with crupis. I bought a pair for my bike, but after that fall, i never put them on. I just kept my primos on there. I liked them, but now my crupis are sitting in a box going on unused for 3 years now. I need to sell them. how much? i could use a spare set

CTmxyfz
03-12-2005, 07:55 AM
I bought them for a 100 bucks way back whenever i bought them. I got them through Dan's comp. They have a black body and chrome cage. Make me a good offer on them.

CTmxyfz
03-12-2005, 08:02 AM
pic

dunnonuttin
03-12-2005, 08:05 AM
maybe around the 30-60 dollar range? thats all i have right now

CTmxyfz
03-12-2005, 08:27 AM
I'd like to get 70 shipped.

dunnonuttin
03-12-2005, 08:43 AM
I'd like to get 70 shipped. oh wait i thought you said you used them then realized it wasnt your so i can understand how much you wnat for them but i cqant really afford them but thanks anyway. i'll pm you if i ever want to buy them

CTmxyfz
03-12-2005, 08:44 AM
sounds good

sly400ex
03-12-2005, 02:23 PM
pic

Reminds me of some BMX peddles I use to have, Bear Traps! Those things would tear you up, that's when i had to buy Dyno shin guards.....:p

QJ, goop that gash up with plenty of Neosporin to keep the scarring down, it will also help it heal much quicker!!! Good luck!;)