PDA

View Full Version : friend has a genious moment with a husquavarna

ZQ8Dude
03-10-2005, 10:21 PM
friend of mine is rebuilding his 79' 250 dirtbike with no manual. breaks the fins off of the head while taking it apart and has to find a new one. when i come over to help i notice his case seems to have a thick bead of red loctite going around the entire line of the case.

while asembling i ask "so whats the torque specs on that head" and he says "oh i dont know, just as tight as i can get them"

somehow manages to get nearly finished without breaking a single low grade bolt. has 8 bolts left before we can throw it on the bike. one that screws into he crank and like 6 cover bolts. just to be sure we go and buy a brand new grade 8 bolt for the crank.

all i hear next is "clickclick...*turn* clickclick...turn clickclick....turn and until finaly "BAM!"

breaks the head right off of the bolt. not using a breaker bar either. just a little 3/8s ratchet :huh

the next day i come to find he threw the bike together with the busted off bolt. as the half stuck inside was doing its job well enough. but now he has no spark and cant find neutral

ironically it ran decently before the rebuild.

so if you think your having a tough rebuild.....think of this LOL!!

Quad18star
03-10-2005, 10:41 PM
LMAO

I've seen a perfectly fine CR 250 come out of a bike ... sit on a work bench to get a new piston installed , and now it sits in a box , in a hundred pieces cuz someone doesn't know where all the bolts , washers , springs , along with many other small parts go . :ermm:

chucked
03-11-2005, 07:36 AM
that sounds like half the guys I ride with, even though they usually dont ride after they mess with their machines.

03-11-2005, 01:22 PM
sounds like you shouldnt have went over there.. seems he was doing fine till you showed up lol

Jesse

ZQ8Dude
03-11-2005, 04:43 PM
no, i think if i hadnt been there he would have snapped the head bolts off aswell lol,