PDA

View Full Version : anyone running a 400 carb on thier 300 HELP?

dirtmomma
03-10-2005, 08:27 PM
OK I put a 400 carb on my 300 a few months back we just put a 150 main in it @ 1st & everything seemed to be fine. WEnt tot he dunes & had to re jet to a 155 after a plug check down there. When we got home we checked it & it was STILL lean :huh anyway so we put a 160 in it & of course that was WAYY to rich :confused: soooo now today I put a 155 back in & we are going to mess w/ the air/fuel mixture screw but what I'm wondering is...................................

I'm @ about 500' elevation, & am wondering what you guys w/ these carbs on thier 300's are jetted @ Where is your needle clip & air/fuel screw????

If anyone can help thanks :)

ghak99
03-13-2005, 07:04 PM
I wish I could remember exactly what I used to run on my old motor setup. It seems like it was a 155 main, a 40 pilot, 1 3/4 turns on the screw, and the needle moved one notch, just can't remember which way it was.

Hope this helps.

dirtmomma
03-14-2005, 08:03 AM
Thanks Ghak ;):) yeah right now I've got a 155,I THINK a 40 pilot, & I went & bought a new fuel mixutre screw & I do believe we went about the same turns!!

I took it TT racing yesterday & all I can say is WOW I had soooooo much fun that TT'ing is way funner than flattrack!!! I got 2nd in my heat & was in 2nd in the main when my nephew passed me(on his 250r:rolleyes: ) so that put me in 3rd then all of a sudden it starts sputtering like i'm running out of gas so as I'm going over the table top I'm trying to switch to reserve it helps for a second then it's still doing it, by this time I'm totally pissed just trying to ride it out for a finish :( come to find out the damn airbox tube came off the carb & was pushing on the butterfly :(:( MAN I WAS BUMMED!!! My quad LOVED this track, I ran some old school H-trak, 16" tires off a R 3 wheeler & thye ROCKED I will be running them from now on!! Everyone looked @ them funny but not after they see what they could do :D:D A friend of mine on her 305ex couldnt' catch me on the straighaway, she was like I don't know what your doing but MAN you pull away LOL :devil: I'm ALOT lighter than her plus it's those little tires :D

oriclez
03-14-2005, 06:37 PM
The 400ex carb on the 300ex make a pretty nice difference? I've never rode a 300ex that had a 400ex carb on it. Im thinking of getting one just because they are cheap.

dirtmomma
03-14-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by oriclez
The 400ex carb on the 300ex make a pretty nice difference? I've never rode a 300ex that had a 400ex carb on it. Im thinking of getting one just because they are cheap.

OH HECK YEAH!! I wouldn't ride my w/o a 400 carb now :) though before I put it on I had some port work done also :) I'd highly suggest to do it!! are you running the stock carb on Yours????

oriclez
03-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Yep stock carb and cam. Thought I was getting a good deal and purchased a webcam from Donald on here. Never recieved the cam and never got my money back. Oh well its like half a year later now. Reported it to paypal and they are pretty much morons. I don't like doing buisness with them.

dirtmomma
03-15-2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by oriclez
Yep stock carb and cam. Thought I was getting a good deal and purchased a webcam from Donald on here. Never recieved the cam and never got my money back. Oh well its like half a year later now. Reported it to paypal and they are pretty much morons. I don't like doing buisness with them.

Dang sorry to hear that :( I got 2 WEB cams off a guy on here glad he didn't rip me off!! got a stage 3 & 4 running the 3 now haven't tried the 4 it's brand new in box though. YOu should be able to find a carb on here or Ebay don't pay more than about $75 though :) Isn't this the 300 thats punched to a 406?? gotta be dying w/ the stock carb,cam!! You got rockers?? Valve springs ect????

oriclez
03-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Ya this is the 406. I am running harderned rockers, and powroll valve springs. I was expecting the cam to acutually come in so I converted my top end to be able to handle it. Don't really care much about my stock cam though. Ill replace the cam soon. Just gonna finish this project 300ex. Might keep it or sell it. Ill have to see.

hondardr4life
03-15-2005, 03:49 PM
Dirtmomma, if you do put in the stage 4 webcam, and you like it better than your stage 3, do you want to sell me your stage 3? I made the mistake of only buying a stage 2 when I bought my cam.

dirtmomma
03-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
Dirtmomma, if you do put in the stage 4 webcam, and you like it better than your stage 3, do you want to sell me your stage 3? I made the mistake of only buying a stage 2 when I bought my cam.

Well if i EVER get it put in I would think about it :) I hear there isn't much difference, I'm waiting till we have to do motor work so who knows when that'll be but I'll keep you in mind ;)