PDA

View Full Version : Curious about Tower City

Derno24
05-07-2002, 05:42 PM
I am looking to go to tower city this Saturday with a friend of mine. I have never been there before is there anything I should know??? Also about how far is it from Philadelphia??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bsb64
05-07-2002, 06:15 PM
I joined up at Tower City a few weeks back. From what I saw the trails are pretty difficult. My son and I rode for about 3 hours and we were told that we only saw 1/8 of the place. There are play areas with hill climbs, a few wide open areas, and tons of trails. The place is huge. I believe you have to ride as a guest if you are not a member. Here is the web site.
http://www.towercitytrailriders.org/index.htm

HuevoFreak
05-07-2002, 07:25 PM
I live in towercity.....there are some cool things to do but there really is more trails than anything but the hill climb are nice size....If you follow 81 up and get off on exit 107 ther shoudl be a race track on the left and a mountain right you can go to the track or follow the mountain all the way up over and go into tower city or go into good spring to trail riders.

Derno24
05-07-2002, 08:06 PM
I wasn't sure if I need to go with a member or not??

Ex'r Marlin
05-07-2002, 08:16 PM
From Philly, you are looking at a 2 hour 15 minute drive to 2 hours and 45 minutes. Worth the drive!!!!!

BTW, be prepared for some rocks..... They have plenty of them there. If you have your atv set stock, you will be fine. I would not recommend running smaller diameter tires there, and I would make sure your skid plate is on and in tack.

Have fun Saturday!!!!

Note: If you go with a group, it may get a little dusty, I wear a bandana over my nose and mouth for those occasions.

bsb64
05-07-2002, 08:43 PM
Derno, go to this link and post a message requesting that someone meet you there. From what I hear many members are willing to show you around as a guest.
http://pub7.ezboard.com/ftowercitytrailridersridingbuddymessageboard

Nj400EX
05-08-2002, 04:57 PM
Derno24 : i'll be up there this coming Saturday . I'm going to be clearing out my campsite but i will break to go riding of course in between LoL My email is njsnowboarder00@msn.com , email me and we can hook up and ride . I'll also give you a short cut which will cut off about 25 minutes

bansheeguy77
05-09-2002, 05:10 PM
yea tc is ok...i didnt go over for a while i might head over saturday...what does ur guys bikes look like? incase i do see ya's i know who ya are. ill be on a 2000 red and black banshee and have black pants, yellow/black jersey and black thor chest protector.

Derno24
05-09-2002, 07:30 PM
I ride a 2002 Cannondale Cannibal and my Buddy rides a Banshee. We should be there around 10:00 on Saturday:p :p