PDA

View Full Version : Roll Design Frontend

oj250r
03-10-2005, 07:11 PM
WHERE CAN I FIND IT FOR LONG TRAVEL FOR A 400EX AND HOW MUCH DO THEY RUN FOR CHROME?? DOES ANYBODY KNOW??

figair
03-10-2005, 07:38 PM
hey oj look on ebay there is a few houser long travels on there cheap 4-sale,gett er done......:rolleyes:

JDiablo
03-10-2005, 07:44 PM
www.rolldesign.com

good luck,it going to cost you a arm and a leg,lol

mx400
03-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Duncan sells them and so does golden west. Full Lobo 2 front end is gona run you w/ quad rate fronts that are fully adjustable right around 2600 bucks. Extremely well designed and functioning front end and as they say you get what you pay for.

QuadRacer041
03-11-2005, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by mx400
Duncan sells them and so does golden west. Full Lobo 2 front end is gona run you w/ quad rate fronts that are fully adjustable right around 2600 bucks. Extremely well designed and functioning front end and as they say you get what you pay for.

i agree, if you want the best your gonna have to pay for it. id go with either roll or walsh

Yamahauler_04
03-11-2005, 01:10 PM
The front end from Duncan is 2999. Add in a couple of hundy for chrome.

Call them 619-258-6310.

QuadRacer041
03-11-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Yamahauler_04
The front end from Duncan is 2999. Add in a couple of hundy for chrome.

Call them 619-258-6310.

that sounds pretty high, you can get a walsh front end for $1300
with either pep's for $1100 or axis for $1300 thats way cheaper then the roll setup.

mx400
03-11-2005, 02:48 PM
walsh is good but imho is Roll Design is a little better. The design is superb and quality is excellent. Walsh makes a great product don't get me wrong but Roll Design Lobo 2 Front Ends are like the difference between a Leaf Spring suspended truck and a lincoln/cadillac w/ air ride.

QuadRacer041
03-11-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by mx400
walsh is good but imho is Roll Design is a little better. The design is superb and quality is excellent. Walsh makes a great product don't get me wrong but Roll Design Lobo 2 Front Ends are like the difference between a Leaf Spring suspended truck and a lincoln/cadillac w/ air ride.

lol, ok
go ask the top 5 winners of the glenn helen national why they werent using roll and were using walsh

mx400
03-11-2005, 03:30 PM
well to each his own. I just like the design and construction of the Lobo front end better then I do the walsh.

Yamahauler_04
03-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
lol, ok
go ask the top 5 winners of the glenn helen national why they werent using roll and were using walsh

That would be called sponsors. Without getting into a brand war, there are some national pros running around on setups that I would consider junk.

QuadRacer041
03-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Yamahauler_04
That would be called sponsors. Without getting into a brand war, there are some national pros running around on setups that I would consider junk.

and i assume roll doesnt sponsor anyone.....bill yokley, tavis cain, doug eichner, etc.........

bansheex
03-11-2005, 09:03 PM
Roll Design is is awsome. Quality is excellent, 2nd to none. Honda and suzuki signed walsh, and he is giving out parts to other pros also. Roll is not inferior at all, they just dont sponsor as many riders.Look at the 2000 gnc championship, Travis Spader dominated on the Lobo set up, that 250R was the best R ever!!

QuadRacer041
03-12-2005, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by bansheex
Roll Design is is awsome. Quality is excellent, 2nd to none. Honda and suzuki signed walsh, and he is giving out parts to other pros also. Roll is not inferior at all, they just dont sponsor as many riders.Look at the 2000 gnc championship, Travis Spader dominated on the Lobo set up, that 250R was the best R ever!!

so if honda and susuki signed walsh thats only 3 riders what about the rest?how can you say roll doesnt sponsor alot of people?you think he too cheap to all of a sudden not sponosr people, he used to.i dont think that since no one is buying aftermarket frames anymore that he wont be trying to get all the extra help he could by having big names run his stuff.
im not saying roll is inferior at all but mx400 is daying that roll is better then walsh and i dont agree so i pointing out all the top name that are using walsh.i also think that if you ask alot of pro's they will tell you the laeger protrax was the best R EVER.

bansheex
03-13-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
so if honda and susuki signed walsh thats only 3 riders what about the rest?.

Walsh sponsors a lot more than three riders, look at his webpage. He is giving a lot of parts to other pros also. I think the only pro on Roll is Cain.

TheIceMan
03-13-2005, 10:35 AM
that sounds pretty high, you can get a walsh front end for $1300
with either pep's for $1100 or axis for $1300

:huh
maybe for the shocks alone

QuadRacer041
03-13-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by bansheex
Walsh sponsors a lot more than three riders, look at his webpage. He is giving a lot of parts to other pros also. I think the only pro on Roll is Cain.

well you said honda and susuki signed walsh and im tell you thats only 3 rides.
you think roll wouldnt offer sponsorship to tim farr if he wanted to run roll.gust used to run then switched.
you you sayin cain is the only pro on roll just prves my point more, why arent there more if its quality is so good?
once again not saying roll is bad but you guys are saying it the best...im saying your wrong.

xsr_racing28c
03-13-2005, 01:40 PM
These are both high quality products ( walsh and roll) , but its ultimately going to come down to the rider!!Ive seen a guy take 1st place in production A in my area with a totally stock 450r with a set of 20 fronts 18 rears, and an HRC kit.. while he was running against fully sponsored $15k + quads... its all rider preference, just cuz you put a set of $2000 a arms on the thing, doesn't mean your going to take 1st place... lol

figair
03-13-2005, 03:14 PM
I agree agree w/that man^^...:devil:

eagertorace
03-13-2005, 07:23 PM
I'm not a pro but I love my axis/roll front end. I took it out to the track today and it seems like your're landing on a cloud, plus it handles real well. you get what you pay for, I bought mine used by the way. saved a bunch and they were already valved for my weight and riding conditions:)

rob-u/21
03-14-2005, 09:17 AM
I think that many of the racers tend to favor walsh products because they know mike walsh as a racer, Mike has raced with all of the top guys, practiced with them, and traveled with them. He is also from back east which lets him be more accesible to all of the riders. I'm sure Doug Roll also has a racing background but its not as decorated as mike walsh's, he is from the west coast and because of that he is not always at the races or as close to the sport like walsh is. This is just what I think I dont have any facts. I'm not saying one is better than the other or anything. I cant say anything about walsh products because I've never used them, but I will say that having a roll front end on my 440ex in my mind his stuff is top of the line. I mostly race desert and to this day I have never seen a lobo front end, swing arm, stem, foot pegs fail in any way. To me that says alot, I dont care who he sponsors. Also all the people that I know that have used roll products say thay will never use anything else.

Yamahauler_04
03-14-2005, 10:38 AM
You totally missed my point. People are sponsored by companies. That's what they are required to run. Just because you are running what you are obligated to run doesn't mean it's the best.

Gust ran Roll last year and Walsh this year. Does that mean one is better than the other? By itself no. It just means that Walsh is what the team chose this year.

Most Pros don't even have a say in what they run. If you ride for Duncan, you ride Roll. ECATV runs Gibson. Teams have their setups.

Buy what you like, and set it up correctly. None of these names mentioned will dissappoint.