PDA

View Full Version : kill switch problem

Leschj03
03-10-2005, 11:59 AM
No body will help me out at the yfz page but I was trying to put a maier kill switch on my brothers yfz 450, and i thought maybe somebody here can help, There is a white and black coming from the kill switch and its brown and red/black coming from the stock kill switch. i hooked put black to brown and red/black to white and it killed the bike when i but the kill switch on so it was backwords so i fill flopped the wire and it doesnt work at all. need some help??

03-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Leschj03
No body will help me out at the yfz page but I was trying to put a maier kill switch on my brothers yfz 450, and i thought maybe somebody here can help, There is a white and black coming from the kill switch and its brown and red/black coming from the stock kill switch. i hooked put black to brown and red/black to white and it killed the bike when i but the kill switch on so it was backwords so i fill flopped the wire and it doesnt work at all. need some help??

black is a hot wire, it needs to go the red/black wire, and the white is a ground, it needs to go to the brown/green wire, i dont kno much about the maier kill switch, i have a gunner myself, but does it have a grounding clip, if so make sure that is grounded to the frame, tell me about how you are hooking it up, and where to

speedfreaksguy
03-11-2005, 09:29 AM
It sounds like you have the wrong kill switch. Maier sells two types, one is for a normally closed circuit and one is for a normally open. The normally closed type are used on most ATVs that have a battery and that is the one you need. If you install the other type on your YFZ it will work in reverse. I believe you still need to loop another wire to make the killswitch work on the YFZ. Mark Baldwin sells a kit to make it easier.

sunco
03-12-2005, 06:51 AM
my 04 r went to honda for 1st service & I asked them to hook up my pro design kill switch. They said I had intermitent sparked & it wouldn't work correctly. Do I have the same problem - maybe I was sold the type?

03-12-2005, 04:21 PM
they actually sell an extra wiring conection to use on the yami. u need it;)

sunco
03-13-2005, 07:10 AM
Thanx, I'm gonna go back to the shop that I got it @ and give them this info so I can have it hooked up & working.
I love this site.