PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Is putting on New handlebars easy????

New-400ex_guy
05-07-2002, 03:22 PM
well i bent my handle bars and my steering stem. stripped almost everything off the bike to get the steering stem off (the handle bars are just hanging there now) and waiting for the parts.

is it easy to take off and put the stuff back onto the new handlebars??? anything i should be carefull of???

also do i need to get new grips and grip glue when i order my new ones or can i take the old ones off the stocker.

thanks

05-07-2002, 04:38 PM
it should take you no longer then 10mins to replace the bars. its common sense, you take a bolt off, just put it back on when the new bars are in place. i wouldnt recondmend using the oil grips. just get some oury grips (the best grips i ever felt) and throw those on there.

Ex'r Marlin
05-07-2002, 09:05 PM
It is fairly straight forward putting new handle bars on. If you got stock replacement handle bars, you can re use the dampener/end protectors. Otherwise, if you get aftermarket handlebars, you will need to get new grips for atv's. Note: It sounds like common sense, but when I ordered my first set of grips, they came to me for motorcycles which have one grip that fits over the twist throttle..... Not good when you don't have twist throttle!!)

Good luck..... And you may want to wire tie the grips on for added assurance. Sometimes the glue does not hold tightly.