PDA

View Full Version : how much is my 250r worth

alexgr8
03-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Whats up guys, I am thinking about selling my 250r. They seem to be droping in price with the new 450's that are out. I dont have time to ride(road 3x in the last year).Any way I love my quad but am scard if I wate to long it will just keep droping in price. Heres the bike.

2003 arens frame
houser long travel arms
tcs in front
axis long travel in rear
roll no link swing arm
ct 350 motor with hinson basket
or 265 mx motor
bead locks in rear
lonstar steering stem
pep steering dampner
bills pipe
39mm air stryker carb
ETC.
I have riden some nice 450's and they are nice with lots of usable power but I still say on the track my 265 is smother and the 350 is just way faster in the pit, so with that being sead I don not want to replace it with a 450 but If I dont sell it now will I lose my shirt just holding on to it.Let me know what you guys think its worth and if some one is interested I am in New Jersey

thanks Alex

Tom TRX250R
03-10-2005, 01:31 AM
Man honestly the value of the REAL R's have gone down significantly. I recently tried selling mine due to not enough time to ride it as I would like but after trying to sell it for $4500 with no bites I figured I will keep the ****er forever because of the fact that I have 11K invested and I am sure as hell not selling for less. I would say your bike is worth about 6-7K but that is a biased opinion considering I own an R and know what sweet quads they are. If you can't get that out of it I would just hold on to it for a year or so until the hype of the new four strokes go down then try selling it again.

zedicus00
03-10-2005, 07:24 AM
if u want to make money on selling yur quad yur only option is part it out. other then that i would say wait a while (couple years) the market on them will go back up, eventually. but the parts for them, especially good aftermarket frames, are bringing a lot right now.

cdrookie
03-10-2005, 08:09 AM
i don't see the market going up much if any in the future. go grab the lastest copy of dirt wheels and look for aftermarket 250r parts. almost no one is advertising them anymore, where as a year or so ago, that was all you'd find. ya, they still got them but by not advertising, they're saying the future is bleek. 4 strokes are the future, sad as it is...:(

mdl76
03-10-2005, 10:11 AM
ill give ya 1800 for if ;-)

alexgr8
03-10-2005, 11:33 AM
1800 sold jump in your car and head down I will meet you at Walmart lol.

I feel your pane guys. If I could get 5k out of it I would let it go. I just dont have the time for it. Buying a house work and so on is killing my free time. The extra cash wouldnt hurt. The thing is if I get rid of it and then in 1 or 2 years I get back in to it and buy a 450 I just dont know if it would compare to the R. I have riden some nice 450's and the power makes my feel like a better rider but the fact is I get around the track faster on my R. The only thing is I haven't riden a 450 with long travel zps style suspension. The other thing is by the time you pay 4k+ for a 450 and 4k for a long travel setup plus etc. your looking at a 10k quad.
I gues what I am really getting at is should I give up my good old R thats setup at a pro level and get into a 450 with the proper setup in the future.Seems to be the ??? of the year ,are the 4-strokes that good and getting better or are the pros just on them cause of factory backing and the rest are just jumping on the bandwagon.

mdl76
03-10-2005, 01:00 PM
if you have a vigina... get a 4 stroke, but if you have a big johnson, keep your r!!!

no.. for real though.. I got ride of a atc 250r and i will always regret it.... is the $$ you get out of it really going to put you that much more ahead?

if you need to cash... sell something else.

snapon
03-10-2005, 02:41 PM
send me some pics. trx250rgreg@yahoo.com I'm interested in another R and would pay in the 5K range for the right R.

JTRtrx250r
03-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Ive heard of 30 ppl in the last few months say they like the old R better than the new, some even went back to the 250r. I personally dont buy into the 4stroke hype, I like both...but prefer the 250r. If your out there trying to make a name for yourself...go w/ the stroke...thats what they want you on anyway. The trx250r carried atv racing to where it is...now gets chit on...but theres a big suprise to the atv community:rolleyes:

I also want a newer 4 stroke....but my R sure the fock aint leaving for 1, the trx250r is MY favorite quad, ...to each his own

Now that 4 strokes are making good power...they're actually putting it to the ground, thats what makes the diffrence...traction

but ya cant beat he lightness and handling of the 250r!!:macho :macho

I personally think all the newer quads are ugly and foul looking....but Im also starting to get used to seeing them....to me, nothing looks as wicked as the old R, regrdless...Im keepin mine

wvspeedfreak
03-10-2005, 04:20 PM
I recently bought a 250r with these mods:
JP Outlaw no-link frame
Lonestar a-arms
Lonestar swingarm
Lonestar stem
Pro-peg nerfs
Champion beadlocks all around
Lonestar axle
PEP zps all around
CT 350 powervalve motor with PWK 39mm carb
Lonestar front hubs
Lonestar bearing carrier
Pro Taper bars
Pro Design shifter,brake pedal,kill switch
And 4 large Rubbermaid containers of extra parts including an extra PEP rear shock.
I paid $4000 for it.2 years ago this would have been a 10k dollar quad but this guy had this advertised for $5000 in a local paper for weeks with no bites on it until I called.

muddy400EX
03-10-2005, 10:37 PM
i think you should keep the R. if youve put that much into it, its not worth selling it for a few grand. youll prolly regret selling it if ya do, i know i would if i had that bike! atleast if you keep it, it will be there for ya if you decide to take it for a little spin:D

gotlift
03-11-2005, 05:20 AM
I gave up the 4 stroke and went to the R. Much more fun to ride. Iwould be hard pressed to go back solely to a 4 stroke.