PDA

View Full Version : Renting an apartment..

Pvt. Maggot
03-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Well..heres the deal...Me and my girlfriend have been talking about renting an appartment...And living together...Shes a model and makes 300 bucks a set..I plan on working asap...While finishing school..But the thing is...My mom said if I move out I cannot move back in...So if me and my girlfriend would break up..I'd be screwed...I'm not exactly worried about this..I'm more intrested in finding some..So if you guys know any websites..or anywhere I should look for one..That would be great, Thank you for all your help...

Jake

initall
03-09-2005, 07:08 PM
My mom said the same thing

I used the local classifieds

400ex4rick
03-09-2005, 08:05 PM
try www.forrent.com my brother just got an apartment off there

416exmx
03-09-2005, 08:33 PM
Kids dont know how nice they got it at home until you move out. However if you feel it is time to move on, then go for it. It's nothing to go through a grand a month just on rent, utilties, and food. I have been renting for a year and half and am building a new house right now. It dont take long either to decide that rent money might as well go toward owning a home. Moving out and living with your girlfriend may souond like fun, but its not all smiles. trust me.

maskale
03-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx
Kids dont know how nice they got it at home until you move out. However if you feel it is time to move on, then go for it. It's nothing to go through a grand a month just on rent, utilties, and food. I have been renting for a year and half and am building a new house right now. It dont take long either to decide that rent money might as well go toward owning a home. Moving out and living with your girlfriend may souond like fun, but its not all smiles. trust me.

Chino
03-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by 416exmx

so true espically the last sentence, i was never so happy to get out of a lease and move back home!!!!

Quad18star
03-09-2005, 11:16 PM
I'm moving in with my girl on May 1st . I'd say try and find an appartment that has all the utilities included ( heat , water, electricity etc) . We were able to find a 2 bedroom appartment with everything included , except phone and cable , for $668 a month . We both have incomes , and since we will be splitting the rent and all other costs ( food , cable , phone) , it shouldn't cost us too much to live .

Everyone says that living with your girl isn't all what it's cracked up to be , but you gotta take that step sooner or later . If you can't live with her , then obviously the relationship has major faults . 99.9% of every married couple out there , lived with their partner before they got married .... things can't be so bad .

Check local papers for places to rent , and check out some appartment buildings .... many times they don't advertise that they have places available .

kamikaze_rzrbak
03-09-2005, 11:30 PM
how are you going to get an apartment if your underage

alimdar2times
03-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Too bad you're not in IL, I've got a very nice two-bedroom coming open in about a month.

Make sure that when you do sign a lease, that you and your girlfriend both sign as lessees (responsible parties). That way, if you do split up, you're not completely screwed, she'll be half responsible for the lease/monthly rent regardless. I know this sounds basic, but it's decent advice, trust me. Good luck to you.

redrocker
03-10-2005, 07:10 AM
for my 18th birthday my mom gave
me a 30 day notice
best thing she ever did
now I own a house with a garage
full of toys

UglyMotha™
03-10-2005, 07:18 AM
LMAO too funny, 16 yearsold, haven't even graduated high school, probably don't even have a ounce of credit, how exactly did you plan on getting an apartment

GO CLEAN YOUR ROOM :rolleyes:

bradley300
03-10-2005, 07:21 AM
if you cant move back home, you'd be an idiot to move in with your girlfriend

DEAL
03-10-2005, 03:57 PM
Stay at home as long as you can .. work .. go to college .. get a good secure job THEN move out.

TM426
03-10-2005, 04:16 PM
I would stay home till you find a good job (if you dont have one now.) Your going to go through 10 chicks before you find the one you like to live with. If it doesnt take 10 you will wish it did when your stuck with the same thing in bed EVERY night. Just my 2 cents good luck.

TM426
03-10-2005, 04:24 PM
Man I just read your profile, your born in 88. You have 20 more girls to be with. You hit it and 9 months later your a dad. Kids are awsome (I know :D ) But wait as long as you can to get a girl to live with. You need to get a good career or your going to put a huge damper on fun, toys, or anything else. If you go out to ride you quad she will freak if your gone on your day off. Sorry about the lecture. Im just trying to help you out.

Aceman
03-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by TM426
Man I just read your profile, your born in 88. You have 20 more girls to be with. You hit it and 9 months later your a dad. Kids are awsome (I know :D ) But wait as long as you can to get a girl to live with. You need to get a good career or your going to put a huge damper on fun, toys, or anything else. If you go out to ride you quad she will freak if your gone on your day off. Sorry about the lecture. Im just trying to help you out.

Ain't that the truth. Listen to this guy, you might learn something. Bottom line is, you don't realize how good you have it until you move out. If you don't have much money now wait until you move out, there's nothing fun about bills.