PDA

View Full Version : YFZ problems

Munno#37
03-09-2005, 05:13 PM
Heres the deal once and awhile my yfz will just shut down out of no where!!! its not me im not stalling the bike it just dies what could it be???

Black Thunder
03-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Do you have a tether switch. Make sure that is not your problem and check all the electical connectors and make sure they are tight and connected.

Bill Fuller
03-10-2005, 04:55 AM
Are you sure it's not getting hot?

Munno#37
03-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Yep it not geting hot and i have a tether kill switch but its not hooked up!!!

chad cavagnaro
03-10-2005, 04:31 PM
hey... that tether switch is gota be hooked up for it to run!!!lol:ermm:

SRH
03-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Munno#37
Heres the deal once and awhile my yfz will just shut down out of no where!!! its not me im not stalling the bike it just dies what could it be???

not to freak you out but my buddy just had the same problem with his yfz, we thought it had water in the gas or something like that so we would hold the throttle steady and blop shut off out of no where, no engine noise or nothing, well he tore it down and the rod bbearings were blown, only thing left was the needles the cage was disengrated, , if u call yamaha and have one of there qualified technicians tear it down they will help you out with the cost of the parts, if u do it your self it will be fully on you, drain your oil and take your oil filter out, cut the oil filter in half on a white towel and inspect it for metal filings...if there is a large amount of metal filing chances are its your rod, if not, try cleaning the carb, air filter, and changing the gas, also take your gas cap off and see if it runs any better sometimes the vents get plugged, maybe changing your jetting too?