PDA

View Full Version : Clutch going???

300exryder
05-07-2002, 02:13 PM
Hey, i have a 97 300 ex and i think the clutch might be on its way out. It engages with about a 1/4 inch pull; but i havet noticed any slipping or anything like that. Is there a way to get the clutch to enage/disengage when it is pulled almost to the bar instead of just a 1/4 to a half inch??

Thanx 4 your help

Deathbringer
05-07-2002, 02:55 PM
You should be able to loosen the pull up at the lever or down by the motor houseing where it attaches there.
Probably will only take one or two turns on the screw up by the lever to solve the problem.

300exryder
05-07-2002, 03:53 PM
I tried fiddling with the screw up at the top but all it did was make the clutch have a little more tension -- it didnt solve the early engagement thing at all. Maybe ill need to try adjusting it at the other end??
Is it fairly easy to do??

Deathbringer
05-07-2002, 06:09 PM
Yes very easy just a couple of screws... one that loosens and then the set screw to hold it in place.. if the one you played with today made it have more tension then you went the wrong way try the other way... you want to release tension not increase it..

Try going out or in however you wanna look at it and LOOSEN the tension on it..

300exryder
05-07-2002, 06:55 PM
ok, ill try that; sounds simple enough. Ill let oyu kow how it went tomorrow. thanx for your help