PDA

View Full Version : motor mods

isaac
03-09-2005, 09:26 AM
i was wondering if it's possible to get 60+ hp outta the 450 without a bigger boar or strock? i'm asuming port polish, 13:1 compresion, bigger carb, cam, i already have a slip on hmf. just curious if u guys think u could get 60 pony's outta that and i'm sure i'm fogeting somethin. thanks

RedRacer44
03-09-2005, 11:10 AM
With the right combination of parts and someone who's REALLY good at port work, it could possibly happen but I doubt you'd get over 60....mid 50ish HP numbers probably. The NMotion 520 kit is just getting upper 50s with their big bore kit as far as I know....

We've been getting 47-49 HP outta the TRXs with full exhaust, jetting, filter, stageII hotcam/HRC cam, and JE 13:1 piston. With good port work and a FCR carb, you might see mid 50s. I dont know, every dyno is different is the problem with HP numbers. There's a lot of opinions and views on this subject :D

dunebuggie66
03-09-2005, 11:36 AM
you'll never see 60 hp without boring or stroking. that's all there is to it. try all you want but it'll never happen.

chad502ex
03-09-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by dunebuggie66
you'll never see 60 hp without boring or stroking. that's all there is to it. try all you want but it'll never happen.

absolutely true!

Thump_It
03-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Yeah, with the CRF ignition, high comp. piston, FCR carb, nice port/polish, CRF cam, full exhaust and jetting you could push around 54hp with some good race gas. I can't remember what the stuff is called, but the pros use it and I guess it actually makes quite a difference, it's like 115 octane or something.

macsolocam
03-09-2005, 01:06 PM
I have the crf ing, JE 13:1 piston, 40mm fcr carb, crf cam and a baldwin full exhaust.....This setup suppose to put out some decent hp...but, I don't really know.

I am going to take a trip to N Motion pretty soon to see what it is really doing.

Right now, I have a issue of having to shift really fast from second to third with my mods. My motor seems plenty strong and second gear starts are really stought but like I said I have to shift into third pretty quick. I was wanting my bike to rev a little higher from last year....In my opinion it is not or very little change. The only thing I changed this year is the crf ing. I have talked to some other people and they said they like the stock ing, using the vortex. Take your pick....

Also, I can't really tell if my bike is cutting out right before the rev limiter or it is actually hitting the rev limiter. I think it might me cutting out because I can't tell much different switching to the crf ing.

I haven't played with my jetting....idle to 3/4 throttle is really good, so if I change anything I might play around with the main jet......right now it has a 170 in it....

Anybody has any ideas or comment I would appreciate it...

Back to hp....I would be happy to be in the 45-49 range.

PEPwalshZ440
03-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Thump_It
Yeah, with the CRF ignition, high comp. piston, FCR carb, nice port/polish, CRF cam, full exhaust and jetting you could push around 54hp with some good race gas. I can't remember what the stuff is called, but the pros use it and I guess it actually makes quite a difference, it's like 115 octane or something.
its called cam2 and yes its 115 octane..

And for the question of can i get 60hp out without modding the stroke or bore?
answer: HELL NO.
u will get maybe low 60's if u have a 530kit with some cam2 and every single motor mod u can think of....
Mike

isaac
03-09-2005, 01:39 PM
well i figured that but i figured i'd make somethin to talk about. i figured all u guys would get all excited OMG 60 pony's but ya know how that goes lol. :eek: :chinese:

chad502ex
03-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by PEPwalshZ440
its called cam2 and yes its 115 octane..

And for the question of can i get 60hp out without modding the stroke or bore?
answer: HELL NO.
u will get maybe low 60's if u have a 530kit with some cam2 and every single motor mod u can think of....
Mike

;) you'll see it very very soon i bet

isaac
03-09-2005, 01:59 PM
yea i'd say so. i'm planning on doin all that stuff this summer i run motocross so i don't wanna bore or strocke it or anythign liek that. i just redid my suspension and buncha other stuff knwo i'm workin on the motor. another ? i got is what do u guy's think the best thing to do iwth the real shock would be i have standard travle elka's up front +2's. i was wondering what the best way to handle the rear end is besides buying a new shock. thanks

macsolocam
03-09-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by macsolocam
I have the crf ing, JE 13:1 piston, 40mm fcr carb, crf cam and a baldwin full exhaust.....This setup suppose to put out some decent hp...but, I don't really know.

I am going to take a trip to N Motion pretty soon to see what it is really doing.

Right now, I have a issue of having to shift really fast from second to third with my mods. My motor seems plenty strong and second gear starts are really stought but like I said I have to shift into third pretty quick. I was wanting my bike to rev a little higher from last year....In my opinion it is not or very little change. The only thing I changed this year is the crf ing. I have talked to some other people and they said they like the stock ing, using the vortex. Take your pick....

Also, I can't really tell if my bike is cutting out right before the rev limiter or it is actually hitting the rev limiter. I think it might me cutting out because I can't tell much different switching to the crf ing.

I haven't played with my jetting....idle to 3/4 throttle is really good, so if I change anything I might play around with the main jet......right now it has a 170 in it....

Anybody has any ideas or comment I would appreciate it...

Back to hp....I would be happy to be in the 45-49 range.

Bump...anyone got anything on this...never had to quote myself...lol

chad502ex
03-09-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by macsolocam
Bump...anyone got anything on this...never had to quote myself...lol

i have no F'n idea what your trying to say here. are you asking something?

Thump_It
03-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Hey Macsolocam, go to www.j-hracing.com, get the number and call and ask Johnny about the your problem. He would most likely be able to tell you what your problem is and how to set your bike up.

rodenberg35
03-09-2005, 08:18 PM
SPRAY IT N.O.S.

yeap66
03-09-2005, 08:29 PM
i was thinken could just put a rocket on it liek in april's issue of dirtwheels that rapter. that might get er movin a tid bit?
vinny t