PDA

View Full Version : 400ex headpipe

400EX QUADER
03-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Ok I have a HMF slip-on and i'm planning to get a 416 this summer. Well anyway I don't want to sell my pipe and buy a full system because I'm only 14 and tryin to save some money. Well will this be okay just to leave the slip-on there? It's jetted. Another possibility is to grind out my stock header for more flow. Would this help out alot? Would I need to re-jet? Thanx

nosliw
03-09-2005, 09:22 AM
when i do my 416 i'm keeping my hmf slip on and ordering a fmf powerbomb header. it fits right up to the silencer you have. and most likely you will have you up the pilot jet if you do that.

FF1O5
03-09-2005, 12:23 PM
I believe you can send the slip on back to HMF and they can put on the front part required for the whole system,I remember someone did this last year on the board.Go to the HMF Forum!!

EDIT:havent been here in a while and just realized there is no HMF forum anymore:eek2: oops,maybe goto their site,there is a forum on there.

www.hmfengineering.com

Mobile Dyno
03-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Actually the stock header will create more Tq than the High flow header.on a stock motor. But with motor work I would recommend getting A High flow header.:D

cals400ex
03-09-2005, 05:09 PM
we went from a WB slip on with the welds grinded out of the stock header to a full hmf on a 10:1 406 with a stage 2 hotcam and the difference was absolutely huge. we do drag racing so keep that in mind. it almost felt like we were adding the cam and piston again.

2001300exguy
03-09-2005, 06:28 PM
yea u can send it to hmf and get the head pipe put on

cals400ex
03-10-2005, 11:47 AM
i don't know how you guys feel about doing that but i am wondering if that won't produce the same gains as the header/silencer that were made for each other. i would sell the slip on and try to find a used full hmf if it was me. good luck

FF1O5
03-13-2005, 10:06 AM
It would be the same thing as a full system if you sent it back to them,the cannister is the same,the only part that is different is the front part

A slip on accepts the stock head pipe

the full system accepts HMF's headpipe

they just switch out the front part on the cannister

cals400ex
03-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by FF1O5
It would be the same thing as a full system if you sent it back to them,the cannister is the same,the only part that is different is the front part

A slip on accepts the stock head pipe

the full system accepts HMF's headpipe

they just switch out the front part on the cannister

you may be right. i was told they add an adaptor to the stock part, which never really made sense to me.