PDA

View Full Version : 2005 400ex

plsports
03-09-2005, 08:51 AM
k guys i just bought the brand new 400ex... i ride rockets a lot more than quads so i asked the dealer... whats the break in procedure on these things... he says just go ride it. he seems like a cool dealer i asked him what modifications can i do to the bike that wont void warranty... he says do what ever you want ill warranty it. so i was like alright cool. but back to the break in... i took it down to a track that day outta the box beat it up a lil... bad idea? oh well its over now lol but neways how hard can i actually be on this thing since its new... never owned a new one outta the box... help me out guys im grindin my teeth thinkin im just killin my quad. thanks

Got Roost?
03-09-2005, 09:06 AM
It depends on who you ask. Some people say to just break it in the way you are going to ride it. Some say to take it easy for the first tank of gas or so. From what i've heard, riding hard to break it in will give you a little more HP, but the engine won't last quite as long. The 400ex motor is pretty tough though, so I wouldn't worry about it.