PDA

View Full Version : Need A Little Help Guys!!!!!!!!

bluebullie
03-09-2005, 12:50 AM
ok so im out on the track today bout to hit a set of dubs and all of the sudden the throttle sticks wide open... Im like oh ****!!!! so i quickly turn the key off and pull over to the side to see whats up.. we found out that it was not the cable sticking but it was the throttle plate inside the carb. so we took off everthing and found a hex bolt lodged in between the wall and the throttle plate inside the carb... checked everything that i could think of and still couldnt figure out where in the hell this bolt came from... any of u guys have any ideas of where this bolt might could come from??????? has this happened to anyone else??
this was on a 400ex

THANKS GUYS, WILL

cals400ex
03-09-2005, 04:51 PM
make sure it isn't the bolt holding the air filter on. there are a few small screws in the carb that hold the slide in place but i can't see them being up there. there is another screw in the top of the carb if you take off the top goldish plate on the carb. do you have a pic of the bolt?

bluebullie
03-09-2005, 06:46 PM
ill take a pic of the bolt and post it.. thanks for the reply

Aceman
03-10-2005, 05:55 AM
Your are really LUCKY that didn't get sucked down into your cylinder. That would of been a top end rebuild for sure.:eek2:

bansheerider29x
03-10-2005, 06:33 AM
I would say its either a bolt fromt the airfilter or a bold to the carb that holds the needle in place.

bluebullie
03-10-2005, 03:00 PM
the thing is that once i removed it and tightened everything back up I rode the rest of the day without any problems... i would think that if it had anything to do with the carb it would have started acting up or showing signs of something but thats just me... what do u guys think? thanks for the replies

panteramatt
03-10-2005, 03:08 PM
I think that your one of the luckiest people on this site.;)

Jingle 11
03-10-2005, 08:20 PM
was it a brass bolt? i bet it was the main jet. if you can describe it. did it have writing on it?

nosliw
03-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Jingle 11
was it a brass bolt? i bet it was the main jet. if you can describe it. did it have writing on it?

im pretty sure if it was the main jet and he didnt reinstall it he wouldn't have posted-

Originally posted by bluebullie
the thing is that once i removed it and tightened everything back up I rode the rest of the day without any problems... i would think that if it had anything to do with the carb it would have started acting up or showing signs of something but thats just me... what do u guys think? thanks for the replies

Jingle 11
03-10-2005, 08:39 PM
yeh i guess i didnt read it all. thanks for the repercussion :blah: