PDA

View Full Version : Leakin gas

dexter231
03-08-2005, 10:01 PM
My 400 has a problem of leaking a pretty steady stream of gas whenever i ride a wheelie. I am not sure of the problem but i thought maybe it had something to do with the floats. How would i go about checking this problem or does anyone know what the problem could be exactly and how to fix it? Thanks

Red29Rider
03-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Hmmm...my 300 ex did that too and it was a pain when i loaded it in the truck it would get gas all over the tailgate, I always thought it was runoff for like when u roll it and stuff so that it dont flood, never checked yet to see if my 400 does it or not...hopefully someone else can give you a more educated and direct answer:confused:

SHIFT400EX07
03-09-2005, 07:37 PM
THATS THE OVER FLOW ITS SUPOS TO DO THAT

dexter231
03-09-2005, 07:51 PM
I know that it is the overflow but i know of several others that have 400 EX's and none of theirs leaks this much gas when they ride wheelies. Im not talkin about a couple of dribbles, it will leak a steady amount the whole time i ride the wheelie.

NacsMXer
03-10-2005, 03:26 PM
It's supposed to do that. Whenever the carb reaches the right angle its gonna start steadily streaming out of the overflow.

If your float is stuck, the gas will be streaming out of the overflow any time the fuel is turned on.
I think what you're perceiving as too much fuel leaking out is the amount that is actually supposed to come out of the overflow.

yamablaster24
03-10-2005, 05:18 PM
It will leak gas when in a vertical position

Matt #24

crazyatvn
03-11-2005, 07:47 AM
you can set you float down or at least check it out. But I bet it is fine and that is normal when at that angle.

Rico
03-11-2005, 08:55 AM
The float is no longer seating properly. Mine started doing this recently also. You can try to adjust it but from what I've been told by GT Thunder you'll probably make it worse. You can either deal with it or send it off to Laz and have him work his magic.

If the float was stuck it would leak gas nonstop.

03-11-2005, 01:47 PM
ive seen like 5 posts about this in the past week.. and im scratching my head... how in the hell are you riding a wheelie and gawking at the overflow tube? i can hardly ride a wheelie, much less ride a wheelie and be hung over the side of the bike, checkin out my overflow..

i know hwo to stop it.. dont ride wheeles.. fixes the problem hahahahaha

Jesse

js3350z
03-11-2005, 02:07 PM
it is fine that it leaks out... maybe if the other peoples are not leaking out consistantly they don't have much gas in the tank

and you need more help then anybody here can give you if you can't figure out why....;)