PDA

View Full Version : mx or xc

mx400
03-08-2005, 09:51 PM
Well guys its time for me to decide. I have just purchased a 416ex that is setup for mx. I am debating whether or not I am going to race mx again or try my luck at xc. I can make enough off of the parts to build the quad again as a 426 and have top of the line xc parts. I like doing jumps and stuff and the thrill of mx but I have always fancied tryin my luck out going fast through woods. I have the facilities and time to do all of the work myself(except the boring of the engine). I am from Indiana and there aren't that many mx tracks around here so that is gona play a big role.

beak7707
03-08-2005, 10:14 PM
I race XC and love it. Cant really speak on MX though becase I've never raced it. Only MX I have done is when the XC track goes on the MX course. If its already set up for MX though that would be the easiest. If you do decide to switch I think you would really like flying through the trees.

mx400
03-09-2005, 08:10 PM
only thing I am afraid of doing is hitting one of the trees. Another I think is because of my weight I won't have a competetive(sp?) edge at all. I'm 6'2" and weigh in at a stout 265. Kinda on the hefty side tryin to work that down to 220. Anyway thats why I figured XC.

muddy400EX
03-09-2005, 08:54 PM
id set it up for xc but practice mx every once in awhile. a xc bike can go on a track but a mx bike wont do to good in the trails. im doing an xc set up and i also love to ride mx but there are more trails than mx so i did xc:)

Tommy 17
03-10-2005, 08:48 AM
put a +1 front end on it... adjust the axle in to the narrow setting... put 21 fronts and 20 rears on it and go hit up the XC TRACK!!!! thats what i'm doing...

even thou i built my quad for MX in the beg i've know realized i suck and am better at XC:blah: so i run a +1 front, 21 fronts, 20 rears, axle at +1.5 and drop the front sproket to a 14t...

when i go to MX i turn the axle out... put 18 rears on it... and put on a 16t front sproket and go have fun...