PDA

View Full Version : noise ?

Bud88
05-07-2002, 11:28 AM
everytime i get my nbike to a certain rpm it makes a wierd noise like its scaping a load growl noise its really hard to explain but i thault it might be the valves i checked those all in perfect shape and were there supposed to be .004 and .005

bye the way this is my 400ex

do you guys have any clue what it could be ?

05-07-2002, 11:37 AM
Of course I don't know what the noise sounds like but there's been many many posts about 400ex engines making all these weird noises from idle up to WOT,,but know one has ever had this lead to problems. I know mine makes weird noises,,shreaks, clanks, bangs, farts, burps you name it..and yes some noises get my attention,,but I think it's all part of the rock solid motor. There are moving parts in the engine that are gonna make noises,,sometimes we hear them sometimes we don't,,but when we do hear them it makes us wonder if there's a problem.

Deathbringer
05-07-2002, 11:47 AM
FYI... I have heard weird things off my bike also.. heard a really weird rattle noise last weekend riding, sounded like my engine was falling apart.. come to find out it was a loose heat shield plate.. Anyway if you have done your maintanence the way you should so there are no real worries with the motor, just go over the bike and check bolts and screws things like that. Hope that helps a little.

Bud88
05-07-2002, 12:09 PM
ok thats good to hear ive had this thing for about 3 weeks now mabey a month and i dont want to start having problems like my blaster from day one that thing gave me problems ill check all bolts and nuts and see mabey thats it thanks for the help guys