View Full Version : ARSFX problem

slosh13
03-08-2005, 01:30 PM
I am done with my rebuild and I was just putting some finishing touches on her when i noticed something. Here is my scenario.
My quad is sitting on a AC quad stand with the front suspension fully extended down. Now when I turn the handlebars all the way to the left or all the way to the right, the tie-rods hit in the middle of the bottom aarms. Like Touch them. This sounds real sketchy to me and I don't want to take the chance or riding on it and getting hurt. What should I do? My bike is a 450R and the front shocks are 20.5" long if that helps.

quadjeff
03-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Call ARS.....

4fiddyR
03-08-2005, 07:06 PM
No being stupid, but do you have your tie rods bolted on right?
Inner Tie-rod end going down through the steering stem with the nut on the bottom, and the outer one on the spindle going up through it with the nut on the top?

Dave400ex
03-08-2005, 08:35 PM
My LT arms will do that when they are fully extended as well. I would double check with ArsFX, but I think that might just happen with the longer shocks allowing everything to drop more to a greater angle.

yfzrider93
03-08-2005, 09:07 PM
I have the arsfx setup on my suzuki and it does the same thing. I've never had any problems with it.