PDA

View Full Version : AIrbox Suggest.

yamablaster24
03-08-2005, 01:26 PM
Okay my 400ex battery is being held on by zip ties and one mount. I have seen airboxes go on ebay for 80 bucks that hold in the battery. I have plenty of sheet metal and im going to try bulding my own by soldering the sheetmetal then riveting which ill cost absolutely nothing and isextremely strong ( i made a tool tray out of sheet metal and i stepped on the edges that were held on by solder and couldnt break it, but the welds were even weaker) So im thinking of building one. I know i will have to get a longer positive started cable but what else? Any ideas or tips on making one or has anyone before made one? Thanx

UglyMotha™
03-08-2005, 01:55 PM
:huh :huh

okay i'm kinda thinking your the kid from omr that just picked up the ex, since you have a blaster for sale if so............

what are you thinking i wouldn't stick anything the hidiously ugly on that bike you just bought, plus it won't hold up, trust me, i've made a couple they have to be welded not soldered do yourself a favor and call up jawzy and have him sell you a new battery mount he has all kinds, i've seen em matter fact i just took one off a ex while i was there a couple weeks ago so i know he has one, you'll be happier in the long run