PDA

View Full Version : 300ex won't start.

snowrulz44
03-08-2005, 12:51 PM
When press the electric start it won't start. The quad will make a slick sound. Only one click sound. The battery is full and it doesn't sound like power is getting to the starter. There is a round box inbetween the batter and the sater. THe starter is on the motor. The battery is in the back. The little round box is in the middle of the starter and the battery. IF anyone would know what the problem is please let me know at snowrulz44@yahoo.com. Thanks

REDNECK RIDERS

raptorrider686
03-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Well check you spark plug. And is it cold where you live?

Aceman
03-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by raptorrider686
Well check you spark plug. And is it cold where you live?

What does a spark plug have to do with a starter problem? Some people think checking your spark plug is the cure for the common cold, lol. Best bet is to make sure you battery is fully charged and all you battery cables are making good connections. From the starter to the solenoid(the round thing)and back to the battery. Also the ground wire from the battery to the frame. Use sandpaper or a wire brush to clean the contacts. If it still doesn't crank over, turn your key on and take a screwdriver and cross the 2 posts on your solenoid. If this starts it, you most likely need a solenoid. Most of the time it is usually a battery or solenoid problem, the starters usually last a long time.

snowrulz44
03-11-2005, 08:50 AM
Thanks aceman. That sounds like a good idea. Should have tried in the first place. I checked all the connections. I took the cables off the battery and the selonoids and made sure the connections were good. I will get back to you on how it goes. Thanks.

member of the Redneck Riders

300ex73
03-15-2005, 07:52 AM
Mine had basically the same problem, and I ended up having to buy a new battery. Definitely try cleaning your connections before going that far. But that's what happened with mine when I bought it.

snowrulz44
03-15-2005, 09:03 AM
I need front fender supports for my 300ex. If you have any info on them please email me at snowrulz44@yahoo.com .

Member of the: Redneck Riders

dirtmomma
03-15-2005, 09:31 AM
Even if your charger say syour battery is fully charged it still might not have enough to turn the motor over!! I went thru this awhile back even took the battery to the BATTERY store & they said it was charged well I got a NEW battery also took it home & it fired RIGHT UP!!!

the Z Man
03-15-2005, 12:33 PM
Bad ground..... on the frame, especially if you have an aftermarket airbox. Z.

my400exrules
03-15-2005, 05:15 PM
sounds like a short or a starter problem

300ex73
03-16-2005, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by the Z Man
Bad ground..... on the frame, especially if you have an aftermarket airbox. Z.

I could see the grounding problem, but the airbox? I don't think anyone even makes an airbox for the 300EX. Even if they did, I don't see how it would have any affect at all on the ground from the battery.

bradley300
03-16-2005, 08:15 AM
yeah, your battery can be full and still not have enuff to start your quad. you need a new battery, i went thru that alot with my 300. i had the key eliminted and as long as i rode every day, the battery would start and get enuff charge for the next day, but if i waited 2 or 3 days between riding, the battery would always do that