PDA

View Full Version : G-force axle reviews?

nemesis
03-08-2005, 11:01 AM
I just got a G-force axle as well as full elka suspension but am still waiting on my rear shock to come in before I can ride it.

I am really wanting to ride with these new parts but until then what does everyone think about this axle? Has anyone been having problems yet?

2muchquad
03-08-2005, 12:13 PM
i havent heard about the quality but i did hear they were on back order for a while.for theat kind of money im sure they cant be too bad i would think.im gonna try one once i get my motor done first.

hrc85250r
03-08-2005, 04:25 PM
i think dirtwheels did a review on them and did a few xc races on one on their yfz and they had no problems with it at all, the only thing was that the chrome gets dull a little fast, but they took steel wool to it and its as shiny as new....

400ex28
03-08-2005, 09:01 PM
ive had mine for about 4 months now and i ride mx and have had no problems! :cool:

T.Hopp
03-09-2005, 04:42 PM
I suggest that you immediatly rinse the G-Force axle off if it has any chance of contacting road salt. I went for a spin through the hood in the snow. I let it sit over night with a heater blowing on it to clear it of snow pack and the next day there were rust spots all over the thing.

400ex28
03-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by T.Hopp
I suggest that you immediatly rinse the G-Force axle off if it has any chance of contacting road salt. I went for a spin through the hood in the snow. I let it sit over night with a heater blowing on it to clear it of snow pack and the next day there were rust spots all over the thing.

Totally true, i went snow ridin and i noticed spots of rust on it.....but now there is nnone on it any more :D

nemesis
03-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the advice but I don't think I will see any snow here in sacramento.

How did you guys install the c-clips? Were you able to force them on or did you have to use a spreader?

T.Hopp
03-10-2005, 03:27 PM
I used a set of snap ring pliers. It is the easiest way. You can get a set from an auto parts store for $10. It is truely worth it!