PDA

View Full Version : quad stolen

a300exrider19
03-08-2005, 10:24 AM
last week my quad was stollen (03 300EX). Must have happened thursday im thinking but didnt discover it until friday night. I called the state police and an officer came out to investigate. there was no trackes in the snow so they must have carried it from the shed to the road which is about 50 to 75 feet. The officer that came out wanted to know the serial number but i couldnt find the paper work for it. the next day sat. afternoon i found all my sales receipts and everything so i took it to him and he said he would run a check on the number and see if it came up anywhere so i went home and not 15 minutes later he called me and said some ****bag in conneaut OH had it and the conneaut police recovered it. so i go to pick it up and it is trashed completely, it might as well be totalled front plastic isnt even bolted on and its all broke one of the heel gaurds is missing the silencer is held on with a pair of vice grips and the list just keeps goin. i turned it in a claim with my insurance agent so im still waiting to see what they are gonna do. the police know who took it so hopefully they will have to pay for damages or buy me a new one. has anyone else gone through this type of situation?

red2004 TRX450R
03-08-2005, 10:31 AM
If you have fullcoverage insurance it will cover it. then the insurance company will sue the person that did it to get there money back!

or if you dont have fullcoverage you can sue the person and they will have to pay for it and go to jail.

that sucks hope it works out for you!!

I better go look and see if my quad is still the the garage I have not looked at it in over a month.

where did this happen I like in NW PA to

a300exrider19
03-08-2005, 10:48 AM
yeah the insurance company is gonna pay for it i think im still waiting to hear from them and they have to have an adjuster look at it yet too. i live in east springfield if u ever heard of it, apparently there are alot of atvs stolen in this area lately by meth heads. they take them and trade them off or sell them for meth. the conneaut police said i got lucky cuz when the thieves find out that the cops are looking for the quad they ghost ride it at night off of a cliff and alot of times they find them in a mangled ball of steel, but atleast the officer that found it knew who it was so i just hope they arrest him.

SuzukiGirl64
03-08-2005, 11:49 AM
At least you got the quad back, get them thieves! Too bad you can't take something important to them and destroy it. :mad:

standardryder
03-08-2005, 12:21 PM
hey look at the bright side, you got your quad back, found the guys that did it, they are getting the @ss end of the stick and your getting payed back. one of my buddy's woke up one night and looked out his window just in time to see some people take off on his raptor and warrior. and he nevrer got them back:ermm:

a300exrider19
03-08-2005, 09:36 PM
yeah i dunno i think i would rather not have gotten it back then get it back in the condition its in. i charged the battery today and fired it up and it sounded like crap, sounds like the valves are rattling or something. if they had never found it it would of gotten paid off and i could of went and bought a new one.

redlined94
03-08-2005, 11:50 PM
Exact thing happened to me last year. I got my 400ex stolen from my shed by some druggies. They wanted to use it to transport drugs and the dude didnt know how to drive it and ran it into a ditch and jacked it up. There was a girl ridin with the kid and she almost got her leg ripped off by gettin caught between the tire and peg so she went to surgery and crap. But anyways... my insurance paid for all of it and I fell somewhat underpaid for what I had done to it but I guess I came out alright. Dont know how those people managed it but they made it leak oil badly which I thought was funny in a way cuz that guy must of had no idea what he was doin. Good luck though man, hope everything works out!!

03-09-2005, 01:53 AM
hrmm.. that sucks but somthing things dont quite add up..

you said it got taken on thursday.. so that means that you saw it wedensday.. now for them to carry it 50 or 75 ft, they must have REALLY wanted it to carry it that far without putting it down.. and that tells me that they wanted to "joyride" ... they must have litterally dogged the hell out of it, for you to get it back in that condition.. meaning, drained the oil, then ran it to blow it up.. i mean these things are ran hard to begin with.. how much harder can you ride them? the front plastic wasnt bolted on? the exhuast was vicegripped on, iono man.. it just doesnt add up.. even if they wanted to part it out.. they wouldnt just unbolt the plastic and leave it on there, or take a bolt out of the exhuast and use a pair of vicegrips..

see what im sayin?

Jesse

chucked
03-09-2005, 07:08 AM
**** I wouldnt complain, at least u got it back.

03-09-2005, 11:50 AM
and i just thought of somthing else, you were looking for tracks, so there musta been snow or somthing on the ground, where is the foot prints? did the hover it out?

Jesse

JUSTINcredible
03-09-2005, 06:03 PM
the vice grip is worth more than the bolt that did hold on the exhaust.

a300exrider19
03-10-2005, 10:55 PM
yep i did see it wednesday as for them carrying it there was snow on the ground but there was a path snowblowed from the shed to the driveway and the driveway was also snowblowed. the quad is wider than the snowblower path so there was no four wheeler tracks. as for foot prints there were others that werent from any boot or shoe in our house. as for the front plastic i have had problems in the past with the bolts falling out but it was never broke before, same thing with the exhaust i dunno how many times ive replaced them bolts.they literally just beat the hell out of it. today i took it to the shop to get an estimate on damages for the insurance company but i wont hear anything for a day or two then they will go from there depending on how much it costs, ill keep u all posted

Bob