PDA

View Full Version : Burgard Products

steveatv3
03-08-2005, 07:33 AM
What are your opinions of there stuff i am looking to buy a nickle plated stem and LT a-arms off of them in the next week

how durable are they and how is there quality

RedRacer44
03-08-2005, 12:36 PM
I personally have their stem and love it. It works great and with my style of 'bars, it made the comfort level on my quad a lot better. The anti-vibe is very nice in combo with my steering dampener too.

I have put Burgard a-arms on 2 other 450Rs that I had a hand in building and we've had good luck with them except for a couple of broken ball joints....

Sportrax10
03-08-2005, 01:06 PM
I really like my stem, I have a friend who is happy with their a-arms also.. :cool:

gojk
03-08-2005, 01:10 PM
I love the arms on mine. I let a friend borrow it last weekend to race. He wrecked and when the flagger went over there he said he expected for the quad to be trashed. Only thing wrong with it was the clutch and brake levers broke off.

sredish
03-08-2005, 01:27 PM
I also have a +2 Burgard anti-vibe stem. So far so good. The chroming is very nice, and it's made with 4130 chromoly which is pretty strong stuff.

Don't know anything about their arms. I've heard everything from, "stay away, they suck" to "they're really nice arms", so can't help you there.

Scott

dads400ex
03-08-2005, 03:33 PM
I have his stuff on 3 of my quads and am very happy with them. Two quads have steering stems and they are chrome and holding up very well and they all have a-arms on them. Two of them have the standard a-arms with the screw in ball joints, you have to stay on top of them and replace them once or twice a year, on the 450R I put on the premium a-arms and I have had no issues with the ball joints, a bit more money but a better balljoint.
My opinion is if you race every weekend then get the premium a-arms but for occasional racing and just better handling then get the standard a-arms.

450 Racer R
03-08-2005, 04:39 PM
what's the difference between the standard and the premium?

dads400ex
03-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Ball joints and adjustability, standard have the threaded ball joints that can break and the premium have the pressed in ball joints and tend to be stronger, thats what I think anyway. Standard are camber adjustable only while the premium are both camber and caster adjustable. Oh yeah with the premium a-arms the ball joints are also greaseable.