PDA

View Full Version : Michigan's finest

dober250R
03-07-2005, 09:02 PM
So, I was on my way home tonight, and got pulled over. Doin 71 in a 55. Oops. Needless to say, I get a ticket. He only wrote me up for 5 over. BUT, here's the thing. He spelled my last name wrong on my ticket, AND put the wrong time that he pulled me over. He put for a time 9:05, and the time was 10:15. I was still in class at 9:05. Does anyone know something about michigan laws or whatnot? Any lawyers out there? I'm glad police can read and tell time. I feel really safe knowing they are out there to protect me. lol. All I have to say is ridiculus. If i screwed up like that at my job, i'd be fired.

ZSK
03-07-2005, 09:04 PM
Can you prove you were still in class?

Punk'd
03-07-2005, 09:08 PM
haha you got yourself something here:D

dober250R
03-07-2005, 09:08 PM
yes sir, I have my schedule, and i have my hand written notes i took during class

dober250R
03-07-2005, 09:10 PM
i'm sure my teacher could sign something proving i was in class. I have the same teacher for 2 classes, and the first class i took an exam. So pretty sure I wouldn't have skipped.

LazeR
03-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by dober250R
yes sir, I have my schedule, and i have my hand written notes i took during class

I'd say that you just got yourself out of a ticket, but im not positive. I would definately not just pay it. I would bring it to court and see what you can do! Make sure you bring your schedule and whatever you can to prove you were in class!

dober250R
03-07-2005, 09:13 PM
How should I bring it up though? I don't wanna say something wrong and screw it up. Should I just be like, ummmmm, I was in class at 9 o clock that night, and show proof?

86350x
03-07-2005, 09:16 PM
You could try taking it to court, and might get off with a no show, but he was nice to bring it down to only 5mph over. And if he does show he'll have it on tape. Anytime a car turns on its lights in michigan the tape starts rolling.........................

Maybe it was a rookie mistake on the ticket errors also.

LazeR
03-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by 86350x
You could try taking it to court, and might get off with a no show, but he was nice to bring it down to only 5mph over. And if he does show he'll have it on tape. Anytime a car turns on its lights in michigan the tape starts rolling.........................

Maybe it was a rookie mistake on the ticket errors also.

Yea thats true i forgot about the tape, the tape is timestamped too :ermm: Obviously they will know it was a mistake but i wonder if its like in a shopping mall where if they have something and it has the wrong tag they gotta sell it to you for that price. I don't know how i would go about it :confused:

honduh440
03-07-2005, 09:23 PM
pay the ticket you were speeding and you know it. stop and think about this one do you really belive you can go to court and say hey this cop is 100% lieing i was at school! i dont think so more then likely the cops car had a camera in it anyways.

dober250R
03-07-2005, 09:25 PM
yeah, he had a newer cop car 2, it didn't have lights on top of it. I don't even know what kind of car it was. It wasn't the usual crown vic. I seen him turn around behind me, and I knew it was all over.:ermm:

86350x
03-07-2005, 09:25 PM
All michigan lawinforcement vehicles have them now, even the mackinaw island police does.

dober250R
03-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Dang it, I was gonna put dual exhaust on the hemi this week too. That's why i'm so bummed!!!!!!!!!! Here's another hundred and some odd dollars to the boys in blue.

LazeR
03-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
pay the ticket you were speeding and you know it. stop and think about this one do you really belive you can go to court and say hey this cop is 100% lieing i was at school! i dont think so more then likely the cops car had a camera in it anyways.

Yea but the question is. Since it was the cops mistake with the time would they dismiss it ? Obviously the cop pulled him over and everyone will know that...thats besides the point. Im wondering if its like a mis-tagged item in a store where they have to sell it to you at that price.

If there is no way he could of pulled him over at that time and since it was the cops mistake for writing the wrong time is that lines for them throwing it out ? Just an idea i have no clue how that works!

This would be a good question for Popo!! where are ya :blah:

Quad18star
03-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Not sure about Michigan's laws ... but here if they spell your name wrong , the ticket becomes void . Simply because you are not the person they say you are .... ex. If your last name is Smyth and they write it Smith ... then the ticket isn't issued to you .. it's issued to a Mr Smith , not a Mr Smyth . Get my drift ??

dober250R
03-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Shoot, I'd rather pay the money straight to popo, then to the state. I'm sure the money would be put to good use, like to buy beer or quad parts or somethin. lol. Someone talk to popo!!! I've never talked to him. I got 20 days to figure something out..........................

honduh440
03-07-2005, 11:06 PM
you know now that i really thought about it if you go into court and first of all give them a hard time with such a simple ticket they would probably throw it out the window but being that you said he clocked you at like 11 over or whatever but wrote you the ticket for 5 over they do keep the numbers and dates on the radars so you can claim that you were not speeding what so ever and tell them they must show you the radar and when they go back to get the radar stats ........... boom no speeders going 5 over at that time

nightrider05
03-07-2005, 11:19 PM
Im not sure about michigan but I know here in missouri if you get a ticket there are usually pre-hearings where you can talk to the judge before the actual court date. IF this is available to you then talk to the judge one on one. Show him the mistakes and the proof that you were in school at that time. Since the ticket is only 5 over they may just say drive slower and throw it out. Its worth a try at least.

dober250R
03-08-2005, 06:03 AM
yeah, i'm definitely going to at least try to get out of it....... they can't throw me in jail for trying to get out of a ticket because of a technicality

dober250R
03-08-2005, 06:04 AM
i'll let everyone know what happends, i think i'll try to take care of it this friday............:ermm:

thomps6s
03-08-2005, 06:10 AM
Find out how much the ticket is and then find out if it is worth missing a day of work to dispute it. You were speeding, the cop did stop you, you have the ticket in your hand. I seriously doubt you can get out of it. Good luck to ya if you decide to fight it.

popo
03-08-2005, 06:50 AM
Shoot, I'd rather pay the money straight to popo, then to the state...........................

Yes pay me!!! your fine is $2,222.22 payable to my pay pal account within 5 days....

Even thou their seems to be an error in date and time. Um!! even I've done it. But.....

The officer radioed to a police dispatcher his, location,vehicle license plate etc during the stop.

That itself will be used against you, if the ticket is contested based on you statement about the error of date and time.

Be advised, if you whish to present your case for dismissal in front of a judge. Stating " I was in class at 9:00 A.M" and swore to tell the truth and found you where not.

The 5 mile an hour over the speed limit is nothing compared to what you can be charged with.

Just my two cents... NOW PAY ME!!!

dober250R
03-08-2005, 01:48 PM
haha, thanks popo. It's only a 100 dollar fine for 5 over. I think I'm just gonna fork it over. I'm not even going to mess with the court system. Ya never win anyway. I'm still not happy about it though:mad: . It just makes me laugh that someone who is supposed to serve and protect, can't even read the name on my license, and read a damn clock. Oh yeah, i'm supposed to trust him with a gun?

cotttonwoody
03-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Thats why alot af cops dont drop the speed down on the ticket. Because there nice enough to do that and some *** still tries to bring them to court. How are people suppose to trust you if you cant obey the laws.

SGA
03-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by cotttonwoody
Thats why alot af cops dont drop the speed down on the ticket. Because there nice enough to do that and some *** still tries to bring them to court.
I agree.
You are mad at the cop for giving you a ticket, which was your own fault to begin with. Then you call cops idiots more or less.
If you or your family had someone breaking in and called 911, I bet you would be thanking the cop when he got there.
You did wrong, you were caught. Quit trying to pass the buck, grow up and pay the fine.

bansheeguy77
03-09-2005, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by SGA
I agree.
You are mad at the cop for giving you a ticket, which was your own fault to begin with. Then you call cops idiots more or less.
If you or your family had someone breaking in and called 911, I bet you would be thanking the cop when he got there.
You did wrong, you were caught. Quit trying to pass the buck, grow up and pay the fine.

yep well said. you did wrong, you know you did wrong so just do the right thing. the cop even cut you a break and saved you some money and points on your license....i wish i woulda got some removed i got my ticket.
and yea if you fight and say you were in class.....did the ticket randomly appear in your car? lying in court is bad....cant they hold u in contempt of court or something? its definately not worth the hassles and troubles it would bring.

dober250R
03-09-2005, 06:16 AM
I always like posting on forums, cause there are always jerks out there that think they know everything. I was just asking if it was even worth it to try to get out of it. If i was able to , good, i woulda saved 100 dollars. And to me 100 dollars is a lot of money. But maybe not according to some of you people. And it's true, all cops are A-holes!!! Laws were made to be broken, especially speed limits!!! I did not learn any lesson, and will never slow down. I'm far too busy to go the speed limit. I have to be at certain places, at certain times!! And i really don't care about what you people have to say that are bashing me. Thank you for the people who actually put some useful info in this thread. And for you other people, you can walk your @$$ into oncoming traffic, cause i sure don't care. If i wanted to hear it from my parents, i woulda asked for their 2 cents!!!

bansheeguy77
03-09-2005, 06:21 AM
I always like posting on forums, cause there are always jerks out there that think they know everything. I was just asking if it was even worth it to try to get out of it. If i was able to , good, i woulda saved 100 dollars. And to me 100 dollars is a lot of money. But maybe not according to some of you people. And it's true, all cops are A-holes!!! Laws were made to be broken, especially speed limits!!! I did not learn any lesson, and will never slow down. I'm far too busy to go the speed limit. I have to be at certain places, at certain times!! And i really don't care about what you people have to say that are bashing me. Thank you for the people who actually put some useful info in this thread. And for you other people, you can walk your @$$ into oncoming traffic, cause i sure don't care. If i wanted to hear it from my parents, i woulda asked for their 2 cents!!!

im sorry you only wanted the immature 15 year old childrens input on the law. please forgive us for stating the truth and the mature thing to do.
have a nice day :)

dober250R
03-09-2005, 06:30 AM
no you A-hole, I wanted to hear what everyone else thought, and I was pleased with the response I received. I'm not pleased with you people getting in my thread and starting a fight. NObody cares about your opinion on what you think is mature or not mature.

bansheeguy77
03-09-2005, 06:37 AM
no you A-hole, I wanted to hear what everyone else thought, and I was pleased with the response I received. I'm not pleased with you people getting in my thread and starting a fight. NObody cares about your opinion on what you think is mature or not mature.

whos starting a fight? you are the one getting your panties in a bunch becuase we told you the truth. and im sure others will agree with me. you want opinions well we gave you opinions...or you only want opinions that you agree with? tell ya what go to court and fight it and say you were in class. come on tough guy your right you know you are so then go do it. i would love to hear the outcome :scary:

dober250R
03-09-2005, 06:41 AM
I already know I won't win cause I talked to a few state police that are buddies of mine. I'm not stupid, I know I wont win.

popo
03-09-2005, 06:45 AM
And it's true, all cops are A-holes!!! Laws were made to be broken, especially speed limits!!! I did not learn any lesson, and will never slow down.

O cheeese here we go again!

Um! I take offense to your statment.

You've never met me or any of the other officers on this site, which happens to be several.

I am a very nice person... JUST DON'T PISS ME OFF.

And I believe... I provided you information with out being a so called A-hole.

dober250R
03-09-2005, 06:48 AM
sorry popo, that guy got me a lil fired up. I hate it when people come in and call me immature when they don't know me either. Just to let everyone know, 5 over is 100 dollars, and i'm just going to pay it, because I know I can't win. I've talked to a couple different police officers and they all say the same thing. Thank you to everyone for their advice. Any police that ride quads are cool in my book.

SGA
03-09-2005, 07:11 AM
And it's true, all cops are A-holes!!!
Laws were made to be broken, especially speed limits!!!
I did not learn any lesson, and will never slow down.
I'm far too busy to go the speed limit.
I have to be at certain places, at certain times!!

#1 If you put your opinions on this forum, you are going to get other peoples opinions, like them or not.

#2 Reading the above and how you feel about it, now im glad you got the ticket to slow you down.
It it might save my life or someone elses when you loose control from driving too fast.

#3 Notice I did not curse at you, call you a a-hole or anything else, so dont be throwing any fits.

knighttime
03-09-2005, 07:14 AM
haha, thanks popo. It's only a 100 dollar fine for 5 over. I think I'm just gonna fork it over. I'm not even going to mess with the court system. Ya never win anyway. I'm still not happy about it though:mad: . It just makes me laugh that someone who is supposed to serve and protect, can't even read the name on my license, and read a damn clock. Oh yeah, i'm supposed to trust him with a gun?

id just pay the fine. the cop already gave you a break. AND, i dont think that a misspelled name and and error in writing down the time makes him incompetent. I think it just gave you and excuse to feel like you dont have to pay the ticket?

:eek2:

dober250R
03-09-2005, 07:21 AM
i'm really glad sga can count to 3. Being from the south and all. haha. Oh yeah, and pretty sure i'm not going to slow down. Pretty sure I drove 80 all the way to work today on the e-way. haha. Alright, nobody cares, just drop this thread. I got what I needed.

SGA
03-09-2005, 07:26 AM
HEHE, its fun debating with you online because you have a short fuse. :D
Im heading back to work now, you guys hold the fort down:cool:

dober250R
03-09-2005, 07:29 AM
haha, heck yeah i have a short fuse. The internet is great to pick fights on, cause u don't have to ever see that person in reality. you can vent all you want, and never get your arse kicked. I do have a short fuse problem, and the winter months, it's really bad. And i can proudly say, i've managed to never get in a fight!!! unbelieveable huh. haha.

dober250R
03-09-2005, 07:31 AM
i'm referring to a fight in real life.

Alberta_Qaudin
03-09-2005, 09:37 AM
well god bless canada, where if there is any mis-information on a ticket or anything you cant make out on your copy you can get it trown out, had an illegal transportation of alcohol fine thrown out cause it was actually jan 1st 2000, and he put 1999, had a speeding ticket thrown out because he wrote in the wrong traffic violation #...had some good luck

dpizz450
03-09-2005, 10:21 AM
im sorry to say dober250r but you are not a very bright person. i am not flaming you in anyway or calling you names. BUT what you said was redicilousily stupid! laws are meant to be broken? lmao that's the first time i've heard that one. if you want to be somewhere on time, leave on time. im sure after you get a couple more tickets and get your license taken away then MAYBE it will soak into your oh so big brain. :scary: and no, i'm not saying i've never not done anything illegal :devil:

dober250R
03-09-2005, 10:38 AM
I always love how people judge me that have no clue as to who I am. haha, I could care less what you think about me buddy. Next time when you're on the roads pal, make sure you drive exactly the speed limits. Well some of us don't have the luxury of time, try going to college full time, and working full time. Then let me know how much time you have. cheese and rice, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!! I don't care about any of you people!!!

dober250R
03-09-2005, 10:43 AM
hey yzrida, can you even drive yet? shut your mouth.

crday98
03-09-2005, 12:21 PM
all cops are a-holes yet you said you talked to a few of your buddies that are state cops??? :confused:
hey, if you can get out of it to save a buck, by all means do so but you sure as hell aren't going to win anyone over by making a statement that you are going to continue to speed because you are far too busy of a person and could care less about the law. i just pray you never harm or kill anyone by driving like an idiot because of your busy schedule:rolleyes: maybe you would have a different attitude if a friend or family member was killed or sereiously injured because someone was in a hurry and driving like an idiot.:ermm:

dober250R
03-09-2005, 01:38 PM
There are times when i do drive slowly. I'm in complete control when i'm behind the wheel. When it snows outside, i definitely take it easy on the roads. I know when and where i can speed. That cop just happend to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, lol. There are never any cops on that road, or traffic at that time of day. The cop even said, i realize that nobody is on this road, just tone it down a lil bit.

dpizz450
03-09-2005, 02:37 PM
hey yzrida, can you even drive yet? shut your mouth.

actually i'm going to get my permit tomorrow :) and i believe you had to wait the legal age to drive to moron :rolleyes: and to your post before that, if you don't like or care about any of us then why the hell do you keep responding and posting. kids, dont do crack, this a prime example, crack kills pal.

dpizz450
03-09-2005, 02:40 PM
I'm in complete control when i'm behind the wheel. I know when and where i can speed.

and i bet every other person that has wrecked and killed or injured someone or themselves have said those exact words "oh but i thought i had control of the wheel".:huh

dpizz450
03-09-2005, 02:41 PM
btw im done arguing with this idiot. i've got better things to do. "arguing on the internet is just like winning the special olympics, no matter if you win your STILL retarded!"

dober250R
03-09-2005, 02:52 PM
haha, hey buddy, how's your bus pass workin for ya? haha. Actually I got my license on my 16th birthday. Sorry, you're wrong on that one. Graduated high school at 17 years old. And who bought that nice kfx ya got there? had to be mommy and daddy, cause it's kinda hard to take the short bus to work everyday. That comment you said about the special olympics is wrong buddy. Half those people can beat the normal person in their sport. I'm a jerk with a short-fuse, but those people can not help the fact that they were born like that. You definitely crossed a line with that comment.

JUSTINcredible
03-09-2005, 02:56 PM
would you two shut up already

dpizz450
03-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by JUSTINcredible
would you two shut up already

lmao. im sitting here laughing at this guy. hes arguing with someone over the internet. hahhaa. by the way i paid for 2/3 of my kfx pal. have a nice day ;)

btw my family owns a business that we ship products nationwide. sorry pal i probably have MADE more money then you ever will.

allmixedup047
03-09-2005, 03:53 PM
i got a ticket the other day for 70 in a 55. the officer said i was doing 73 when he "clocked" me. but i had cruse control set at 58 and i was going down hill. when he saw me i had just looked down at the speedo to see how fast i was going and i was going 62mph. never once did i hit 72mph. my truck wont do 72mph on the road i was on. its a hilly turny road and my truck is a 92' extended cab f-150 4x4 with a 302. for you all that have any expierence with an older 4x4 truck like this you know they take a while to get up to speed. specialy when you have mud terrains on it. but theres nothing i can do about it because hes the cop and im the citizen.

SRH
03-09-2005, 04:03 PM
thing to do is walk into court, say judge, this is wrong i was in class at 9 :05 not speeding, therefore this ticket is wrong, i cannot get a ticket for doing something when i wasnt, i was pulled over at 10 15 for speeding but never recieved a ticket for that just this bogus ticket for 905 which im not guilty of because iw as in class at 9 05, if the judge says fine dismissed then your good, if not pay the ticket , or get lawyer and fight it, but youll have every cop watching your ***

Blysster
03-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Wow, this started as a good thread.

Scro
03-09-2005, 05:30 PM
haha, hey buddy, how's your bus pass workin for ya? haha. Actually I got my license on my 16th birthday. Sorry, you're wrong on that one. Graduated high school at 17 years old. And who bought that nice kfx ya got there? had to be mommy and daddy, cause it's kinda hard to take the short bus to work everyday. That comment you said about the special olympics is wrong buddy. Half those people can beat the normal person in their sport. I'm a jerk with a short-fuse, but those people can not help the fact that they were born like that. You definitely crossed a line with that comment.

yall are both actin like yall are 2

dpizz450
03-09-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by bama450r
yall are both actin like yall are 2

thank you, come again and have a nice day ;)

A4StrokeGuy
03-09-2005, 06:19 PM
Well here my experience for you, about a month and a half ago i recieved a minor in possesion in the great state of michigan. When i went in front of the judge to plead guilty i asked him since on my ticket my name was spelled wrong if it could get me off, i was informed that NO it will not get you off becuase everyone makes mistakes and i had the ticket in my possesion so it had to be me. So after a court trip $270 fine and sum BS i now have a record, now pay your ticket there are pot holes to be filled!!

dober250R
03-09-2005, 08:28 PM
haha, yeah, there are a sh*tload of potholes in michigan. I like to say i'm donating to the great police force of michigan, their cars need gas, cause prices are going up. This thread has definitely grown a lil bit, over nothing. Does anyone know how many points u get for 5 over?

86350x
03-10-2005, 09:34 PM
2 I think, since it happened at night. So poop, it might be 3. If it happens at night, its another point I believe.:confused: