PDA

View Full Version : jumping

TheMachine
03-07-2005, 08:11 PM
When you're in the air and your quad is level but seems to be turning, do you turn the wheels the opposite way to straighten it out or what? I was told this was what you were supposed to do but I don't know.

Punk'd
03-07-2005, 08:34 PM
That will help maybe a little lean to?

YFZ450Ridr
03-07-2005, 08:36 PM
i know what you mean by turning in the air. i think its because the jump might not be straight, or your hitting it at a little bit of an angle. i dont think there is much you can do about it.

TheMachine
03-07-2005, 08:50 PM
I wasn't sure if you could or not. My local track isn't prepped very well and almost all the jumps throw you like that so I figured if there was something to do about it I would find it on this site. Thank you

Nausty
03-07-2005, 08:59 PM
theres tons you can do in the air.

Basically my advice is to start on a small jump and just mess around with the body movement and cranking the bars in the air. Start w/ small movements and keep making them more drastic as you get comfortable w/ them. ALso mess around hitting jumps at differant angles and differant lines and figure out how and why it shoots you differant.

Before you know it you'll be able to read the faces of jumps so you know exactly how it'll throw you. Also you'll learn how to tilt the quad side to each side, turn the quad to each side and finally raise and lower the front or rear end.

What works for me for tilting the quad is to wait till i just took off then i just extend the right leg and arm if I want the ride side to go down while pull up the left arm and leg. And vice versa if you wanna tilt it the other way.

If I wanna turn the rear end of the quad I just turn the bars tell it hits the stopper then I give it one last crank to throw the rear end. ALso helps to shift your hips while keeping your feet square.

that will help you get started w/ learning them but really your just gonna have to work w/ that by yourself and learn how to tie it into things.