PDA

View Full Version : Pros Coming to IATVHSS to race????

QUADROOKIE
03-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Hmmm could it be possible that one or more of the "BIG" names will attend at least one race in the IATVHSS this year? It may be more of a possibility than anyone thinks!!! I am not sure if I should say anything or not, dont want to step on anyones feet, but I heard from a good source that someone talked with I believe it was Bill Ballance at I think the 12 hour race last Oct. and to make a long story short bill Ballance "alledgedly" said, "I have heard good things about youre Iowa series." And also said, "If you guys hold a race with a purse of 5 grand, I'll be there"---This was stated after he was asked what it would take to get him to race here, I was told anyway. I will never, ever reveal my sources, so dont ask!! I dont know how likely it is that any of them actually do race here, but man, wouldnt that be something ?!?!? Andy definately deserves that kind of exposure, and I am positive any pro that should come here to race would walk away impressed with what we have going on here. Any thoughts on this subject??

burrows
03-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Bring him on but if he needs that much money to have fun then he better stay home. We all would like to race for that much money and would be fun to have the guys race against him in familar territory. So if he just wants to come and bring his stock quad then we will welcome him. lol. momma b

burrows
03-07-2005, 09:59 PM
I think we already have a bunch of great pro riders already racing the Iowa Series and would welcome more. Good luck guys this 2005 racing yr. mommab

Shawn H
03-07-2005, 10:12 PM
This thread is Chit its all hear say!!

Ahh any Pro would more than likely come for 5g's

He11 Andy had CHad duvalls mechanic want to come race the Ft dodge race since it was in the middle of the gncc break and it was a guarantee 5hundo to win.

I agree with Momma!! All tho we could use some National Pro's we already got a good handfull of Pro's that cant make the Nationals every weekend>:D

burrows
03-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Michael, Duane and Josh are in Florida. Duane got 6th Michael got 20th after getting tboned on the start and having to wait to get untangle after the open a class left. By then he was exhaused from trying to pull them apart and got sick during the race and had to pull over to throw up. he said this track beat them all to death. Worst track he had ever been on. 11 miles of nothing but whoops. Josh got 8th in the open a. there was 38 in Michael and Duanes class so guess they did pretty good. What hurt Michael was he was racing a borrowed honda with stock shocks. lol. They are heading to Georgia next. Hoping his shocks come in before Wed night and will send them with a guy that is heading out Thurs. for Georgia. mommab

Johnny & Monica
03-07-2005, 10:27 PM
We got acouple of fast pro-am guy`s going to them all... Micheal Burrows An Duane Johnnson. Duane pulled a 16th overall in Fl. 11 places behind Ballance AN Micheal would have been rigth in there if it wasnt for being t-boned the 1st lap that held him back.But I hear ya it would be cool to have Borich Ballance Smiley or any of them so up. But lets root are Ia. Mo. pro-am racers this weekend in Ga. :D
An MO. is having a great race at Sedalila Mo. this sat.See ya there Shawn:D

Johnny & Monica
03-07-2005, 10:29 PM
Momma B you think an type faster than me:D

burrows
03-07-2005, 10:31 PM
I haven't slowed down all week. Kissing that kids butt all week working on his shop while he is on vacation........lol

Johnny & Monica
03-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by burrows
I haven't slowed down all week. Kissing that kids butt all week working on his shop while he is on vacation........lol

Well do his job while hes out playing an call nacs an ask where the hell those ball joints are:D

burrows
03-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
Well do his job while hes out playing an call nacs an ask where the hell those ball joints are:D

what is the story on them> I had to call Houser today on tye rods that have been ordered before Texas and they still aren't here either. They haven't even made them yet. I blew up today so am calling them everyother day till I get them. Whos ball joints am I calling about?

Johnny & Monica
03-07-2005, 10:41 PM
I sold Bohon a set of Micheals a-arms an Micheals still waiting on the 400ex upper ball joints from nacs:( Bohon gots everything bolted up but the upper a-arms

burrows
03-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
I sold Bohon a set of Micheals a-arms an Micheals still waiting on the 400ex upper ball joints from nacs:( Bohon gots everything bolted up but the upper a-arms

Oh yea? Gosh that has been sometime back. I will call them tomorrow and find out the deal on them too. I think those are the ones they sent and was the wrong ones and I sent them back so I will check on that.......

Shawn H
03-07-2005, 10:48 PM
I seen there results:ermm:
Wish I could be there with them.

I really feel Sorry for Mike for having to try and race a Honda with Stock Shocks I did it at the Farm last year and I was sick after the race too:(

That track was brutal in Florida but thats racing and no excuses I CRASH every race lmao>

I hope Ga they tear them guys up and have a good race.

Johnny I wish but cant make it on Saturday! You get it on Sunday and Ill be there:cool:

QUADROOKIE
03-08-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by snowgasm
This thread is Chit its all hear say!!

Ahh any Pro would more than likely come for 5g's

He11 Andy had CHad duvalls mechanic want to come race the Ft dodge race since it was in the middle of the gncc break and it was a guarantee 5hundo to win.

I agree with Momma!! All tho we could use some National Pro's we already got a good handfull of Pro's that cant make the Nationals every weekend>:D

Yeah, I understand it is all hearsay. But, I think it comes from very good sources. BUT still alot can change and there are more factors involved than just the prize amount. I just wanted to see what people thought about the possibilty. I agree, there are some VERY good Pro level riders here already, and we are just going to spawn more and more every year. It would really be sompin though to have a couple of those guys(Borich,Ballance,Smiley) show up and race with maybe a Dirtwheels or ATV Sport writer there. There would be some MAJOR exposure. But anyway, what the he!! do I know? Im just a lowly lil rookie C-class racer!:D

Shawn H
03-08-2005, 10:30 PM
ATV SPORT has been at the Iowa races already:huh
You did see the issue right?

QUADROOKIE
03-09-2005, 06:54 AM
Yeah, I saw it. But we didnt have Bill Ballance or Chris Borich there either....:D Just playin! You guys are right anyway, we got the best pros already!! Who wouldnt wanna come see our guys race? We are gonna have the best series in the country before long anyway(if we dont already) so they can take it or leave it!

I think I am as ready as I will ever be for The Farm. Just cant wait to get that first lap under my belt and rip it up!!!:cool:

Shawn H
03-09-2005, 09:15 AM
I hear ya man it would be nice but for them to drive from Pa, or Kentucky for either of them to make it to Iowa there would have to be some incentive involved.

Im sure in time the Iowa series will be huge but not GNCC caliber, but maybe someday who knows. I cant predict nothing:(

I too cant wait for the Farm but I cant wait for the 3rd lap to be over, by then I will be relaxed and hopefully in position to step up my pace.

If ya ever seen my laptimes its the 1st 2 laps that are slow for me:grr:That may change now tho with no lappers or people in the way :D

QUADROOKIE
03-09-2005, 06:16 PM
Yeah, I hear ya on the 3rd lap thing. I have noticed when riding evenn just playing, that I get tired after about 20-30 minutes and it lasts about 20 minutes or so, then after so long it just goes away and I feel great. Probably has alot to do with tension and trying too hard to concentrate. But being my first race, I am looking for the end of lap one-then I will have officially been in a race and hopefully will be able to relax some. 4 weeks!!:eek:

96lapis coupe
03-09-2005, 08:19 PM
I almost puked after running 3 laps at Waukon in the August heat on my 330cc mojave with stock suspension last year lol .....should be a little better this year with the 400.:D

Johnny & Monica
03-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Cody Kirk is going to run the Ia series this year An also run the mx an xc race at Indianola Could be master of the farm award:confused:
Cody use to run the AA class in Mo. an was always up top.He aint race XC an maybe a little rusty but ran MX for the last 3 years He use to run the pro-class in the GNCC races Glad to see the Kirks coming to Ia. an giving the A class another fast Mo. guy He`s planning on running one of his leager 250rs or one of his 450r`s in XC an his Arens 250r in the MX race Got some good pictures to post but computer still semi down:(

burrows
03-21-2005, 10:39 PM
[Could be master of the farm award

lmao Guess we will just have to see about that one.........
mommab

Johnny & Monica
03-21-2005, 10:48 PM
Did anyone notices Gudde got 3rd in the quad builder contest with that chances powdercoating he forgot to mention Jason?Way to go JG looks good