PDA

View Full Version : AHHHH, my luck sucks!!!!

sampleez
03-07-2005, 06:40 PM
well, yesterday i went ridin at a local mx/sx track. it was the second time i've rode with my new LSR axle, which was set to stock, cause my front end is still narrow. the owner built a new double, which was like 80 or so feet. and the landing was very short, so you had to have it timed almost perfect. after a few times rolling it i messed around jumping out a little to try and judge my speed. after a few more times, i went for it and cleared it perfectly. it was friggin sweet!!! prolly the most air i've gotten yet. later on in the day, i saw someone was takin pics. and stupid me wasn't payin attention to how fast i was goin and overjumped it by a few feet and slammed hard, but i landed flat. after riding around most of the rest of the track, i noticed something wobbling. needless to say, i was pissed!!!! the left side was bent pretty bad, and the right may be a little. i haven't even had the axle for two weeks yet and i gotta send it back :mad: i knew i shoulda spend a little more and got the rpm. i just couldn't believe it bent with it as narrow as it goes. but i guess it would have been a lot worse with it extended. just ventin a little. i haven't had the bike but about a month and i've bent two axles. oh well, $hit happens. anyone else have trouble with a lsr?

400exrider707
03-07-2005, 07:25 PM
RPM is the only brand I've not seen bent

stonerider250x
03-07-2005, 08:52 PM
that sucks man but u aint the only one i broke my dura blue saturday:grr:

JR3
03-08-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by stonerider250x
that sucks man but u aint the only one i broke my dura blue saturday:grr:

good luck with there warrnty service are u gonna send it back and get another it takes forever half the time they say it was your fault and they dont replace it

Astars_250r
03-08-2005, 04:46 PM
2 axles in under a month. I think I would pay more attention when jumping or it's gonna get real costly for ya.

sampleez
03-08-2005, 06:20 PM
that's what i was thinkin. but both times i didn't land crooked. i guess i'm gonna have'ta quit goin big until i get some suspension.

hey 707, have you seen a bent team axle. from what i hear, their just about impossible to bend. but their like 450, and you have to use different hubs

Aceman
03-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Doesn't LSR try and rebend their axles straight before they send you a replacement?

rollie
03-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Doesn't LSR try and rebend their axles straight before they send you a replacement?

yes but if its not able to bend back they send you a brand new one:D

sampleez
03-08-2005, 08:59 PM
i sent mine to them today to be straightened, and ups says it'll be there monday, so i guess ill know something then. but i'm pretty sure it can be fixed.

300ex13
03-09-2005, 12:41 PM
good luck with your jumps/axles!!! hope it works out