PDA

View Full Version : valve help

ride 300
03-07-2005, 05:31 PM
I have a clicking niose that seems like it is coming from the valves. I removed the valve covers and manually turned the engine over and watched the valves. After they open completely, they click when they start to come back closed. Does anyone have any clue as to what this might be and how to fix it. Thanks

Bill Fuller
03-07-2005, 05:56 PM
Have you ever adjusted the valves?I would suggest you buy a manual and learn how,a young lad with your skills can do it no problem.All you need is basic handtools(metric)and a set of feeler gauges(available at any auto store).

2muchquad
03-07-2005, 06:04 PM
yep,i would try a valve adjustment.you''ll need a 4mm wrench and a set of feeler gauges. i believe your clearance is .004 stock on a cold motor.check your manual.good luck to ya:D

wilkin250r
03-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Don't get me wrong, adjusting the valves is a worthwhile skill to know, but I don't see how that can fix his problem?

Me personally, I have NO idea what it could be, but it almost certainly ISN'T a problem with valve adjustment.

ride 300
03-08-2005, 07:24 PM
To adjust my valves i put the engine at the "T" mark and adjust them at that right? Because when i do that, there is lots of play in the valves when it gets off of TDC. Should it be like this?

duke416ex
03-09-2005, 07:31 AM
There should be a little play, but not much, I would adjust them, and if there is still clicking it is probably the front right one, it is hard to jar loose on top dead center