PDA

View Full Version : ac propegs comments and questions

jwick07
03-07-2005, 03:06 PM
I had no trouble getting mine to go on. However they rattle and are loud as he@@. Any way to fix this little problem.
Also I don't think there is enough room between the footpegs and the heel gaurds. The frame work of the heel gaurds is too large and it feels like my boots are gong to get stuck between the pegs and the frame of the heel guards. Can I heat them up with a tourch and flatten them with a hammer or something with out making them weaker???

03-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by jwick07
I had no trouble getting mine to go on. However they rattle and are loud as he@@. Any way to fix this little problem.
Also I don't think there is enough room between the footpegs and the heel gaurds. The frame work of the heel gaurds is too large and it feels like my boots are gong to get stuck between the pegs and the frame of the heel guards. Can I heat them up with a tourch and flatten them with a hammer or something with out making them weaker???

make sure you drill the whole and put that bolt that they tell u to run in the instructions then they wont rattle, as for the heelguards, maybe just cut them off, or do something, im not really sure, should have got the ones without them :blah:

jwick07
03-07-2005, 04:24 PM
I got the heel gaurds because I had a friend break his heel when he pulled a double up short so we both thought that they were a good idea. However I don't they were made with riders that wear a size 13 boot in mind

03-07-2005, 04:25 PM
I got the heel gaurds because I had a friend break his heel when he pulled a double up short so we both thought that they were a good idea. However I don't they were made with riders that wear a size 13 boot in mind

lol i wear like 11 and its just fine

jwick07
03-07-2005, 04:32 PM
i dont know i just dont ever seem to be comfortable with them. I like how wide the pegs are, but that darn bar in the back just seems to fat, I'm going to take a torch to it and then beat the he@# out if it and make more room i think. Dont want to cut them off though

DirtDevilBT
03-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Trust me right here jwick07, from someone that just got through dealing with this. I couldn't believe how uncomfortable I was on them. I wear a size 12 boot, the space between the frame and heel guard will not be a problem. The space between the foot peg and guard is however. I cut the tin off the heel guard then heated it up and bent them down about 1 1/2 inches. Still wasn't good enough, I couldn't get my feet back far enough. So, I cut them off with a cut off wheel.

OOOOOO How I love them now!

http://monkeylice.com/gallery/albums/quad/laureen_0550.sized.jpg

jwick07
03-08-2005, 08:56 AM
Thanks man that helps, they still dont look bad either but as we should all know looks don't make it fast or comfortable to ride.

Jess

03-08-2005, 10:21 AM
Thanks man that helps, they still dont look bad either but as we should all know looks don't make it fast or comfortable to ride.

Jess

but, it will win you quad of the month

;)

jwick07
03-08-2005, 04:45 PM
man thats a good point I want a slow uncomfortable quad that is really pretty now to he@# with fast

just kiddn your right

TWISTED
03-08-2005, 05:07 PM
After two sets of AC nerfs that I had to bend and break so they would fit properly, I've come to the conclusion that they are JUNK!!! They won't have to worry about my $$ anymore...