PDA

View Full Version : Chain brand...and length

PDunes300ex
05-06-2002, 09:00 PM
What would those who know recommend for chain length and brand for an LSR +1 swingarm for my 300ex.
Thanks in advance for any information.

Ex'r Marlin
05-07-2002, 07:25 PM
I have a plus 2" swing arm on my 300ex and run an estimated 92 links. I say estimated because I do not know how to get the number you need when ordering. I counted 46 "large oval links" on the chain, and I guess you times it by 2?:confused: Anyway, I do know if you get a stock length 400ex chain, you will need to remove some of the links to fit your 300ex with the 1" extended swing arm. Hope this helps.

A few of my friends are running the DID X-ring. So far they like them. I recently purchased the same for both of my atv's replacing a Sidewinder O-ring chain and a DID O-ring chain.

Have fun with your extended swing arm!:cool:

Smoker
05-07-2002, 07:57 PM
86 links is the stock length according to Legacy atv. According to Rico for a +1 1/4 swingarm you need to go two links longer. I ordered the DID X-ring also, it is a nice chain and gaining a reputation for reliability. Just to be on the safe side I ordered mine a few links longer than needed, you can always cut them off. :p

05-08-2002, 11:15 PM
tsubaki chain....I run gncc and this is the chain of choice. all you need is their omega o-ring chain, it has the highest tensile srtength of anything out there and is not caught up with a bunch of gimmicks.
The x-ring is bad news....just think about it. the idea is there are 2 surfaces to hold lube in....well what gets stuck in between the 2 surfaces....dirt and you can not get it out...so ultimately it wears quicker.

get the idea?

Just a little insight....and the Tsubaki is less expensive.

PDunes300ex
05-09-2002, 12:23 PM
I think i will go with just an O-ring chain but does anybody know if there is a manufacturer that makes an out of the box correct length chain for stock gearing and the +1 swingarm. I just don't want to deal with having to size it myself.
Thanks again for the comments so far:)

400exRacerX
05-09-2002, 12:29 PM
Just order a 100 link chain.