PDA

View Full Version : Last post about webcam, need info

Buffalo400
03-07-2005, 11:16 AM
I wanna put a webcam stage 1 a ns rockers in my ex for a best power and fiability than a hotcam stage 2.

They said "All around performance with added mid and upper end power. Stock springs OK. Designed to work with high compression piston and exhaust. Compression release removed. Hardwelded rockers are highly recommended! "
Yes, I must change my rockers arms. I have an exhaust.

But, I dont Have a high compression piston. Is it a good cam for me or I'm better with a hotcam stage 2 without hardwelled rockers arms?

K_Fulk
03-07-2005, 04:52 PM
If you use either the stage 2 hotcam or the 450/451 grind webcam your refering too. Your gonna lose bottom end power if you don't install a higher compression piston at the same time.

If you do install a HC piston with either cam it will more than make up for it.

400ex racer69
03-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Buffalo400
I wanna put a webcam stage 1 a ns rockers in my ex for a best power and fiability than a hotcam stage 2.

They said "All around performance with added mid and upper end power. Stock springs OK. Designed to work with high compression piston and exhaust. Compression release removed. Hardwelded rockers are highly recommended! "
Yes, I must change my rockers arms. I have an exhaust.

But, I dont Have a high compression piston. Is it a good cam for me or I'm better with a hotcam stage 2 without hardwelled rockers arms?

Hey i talked to Janssen Motorsports and for a webcam,rockers,and 11:1 high compreshion piston it would cost $1000 for only 5 horse.

wheeltrax
03-07-2005, 07:03 PM
that 5 horses more then what ya got, and it also increases your torque. I have yet to dyno what i have, but you can tell a major difference between what i have and a stock 400. Considering these engines put out relatively low HP to begin with, 5 hp is quite noticeable. my 2 cents anyways.

K_Fulk
03-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by 400ex racer69
Hey i talked to Janssen Motorsports and for a webcam,rockers,and 11:1 high compreshion piston it would cost $1000 for only 5 horse.

Your a sucker if you pay 1000 just for that stuff. Those parts shouldnt be any more than $600.

If you just do a 416 with a hot cam it should look something like this.

416 piston $120
top end gasket kit $25
Hot cam $130
Cylinder bored $80

Those prices are on the high side and still only comes to $355.