PDA

View Full Version : re-oil chain after a wash?

05-06-2002, 08:59 PM
After you wash you quad, will you need to re-oil the chain?

redryder300
05-06-2002, 09:56 PM
Yes

whiteknuckle
05-07-2002, 08:15 AM
yes you are supposed too but i buy this stuff from my honda shop that is called SPECTRO CHAIN LUBE for-o-ring chains and it is $7.25 per can it works very well because it forms this wax coating over youre chain you have to let it set for 30 minutes before riding it seals very very well and has no sling off when dry. also since it dries so nicely ive noticed that if you give youre bike a light washing theres no need to reaply but if youre really getting into it and scrubbing by the chain and giving the chain considerable water pressure, with this stuff id just give it a little over coat when dry! it works great youll love it!

Sparkles
05-08-2002, 09:50 AM
what kind of chain wax do u guys use ?

05-08-2002, 02:18 PM
Yes, but your stuff must not be that great. Mine seems to never come off without some elbow grease!

whiteknuckle
05-08-2002, 03:50 PM
i dont know that spevtro stuff is supposed to be the best and it works really well if you give it the 30 minutes to dry the stuff wont come off youre chain its awesome!

Smoker
05-08-2002, 06:42 PM
The waxy stuff is the way to go. It hardens once it's sprayed and doesn't stay gooey and attract dirt. I would always spray my chain after a wash, I would ride it around the yard and get the chain warm then spray it. That way it gets all the water out of the chain and lets the lube get in there. :p

frogburner
05-08-2002, 07:07 PM
Heres what i use to oil my chain...

05-09-2002, 07:14 AM
Little secret guys,,,read the directions on the bottles,,No I don't think any of you are stupid..but there's specific ways to PROPERLY lube your chain. Sprayin it on there before ya go riding normally isn't the way they suggest. the chain needs to be warm, so the o-rings are hot for the lube to really sink in, then it needs to sit for like 15 minutes to setup, etc. Just tryin ta help ya keep your chain longer.;)

whiteknuckle
05-09-2002, 07:26 AM
well this SPECTRO CHAIN LUBE (for o-ring chains) is a chain wax that my honda mechanic actuall came out into the showroom grabbed this stuff off the shelf and said it was the best stuff he ever used! and the directions on the back go like this!

"place motorcycle on a center stand providing an elevated rear wheel. apply lubricant slowly to the inside circumference of the chain just in front of the rear sprocket while rotating the rear wheel by hand in a forward direction. allow 30 minutes minimum dry time for best results"

Take it from there fellows!

Smoker
05-09-2002, 04:03 PM
I thought that's what I said??:confused: :p

01TRX300EX
05-09-2002, 05:05 PM
I use Maxima Chain Wax. I first get a jack, jack up the rear end, turn the engine on, put it in first gear, let the tires spin while I lube, then I put it in neutral, turn it off, lower it, then I am done, I usually do this a little after I am done riding.