PDA

View Full Version : Cheap quad makeover

Rootar
03-07-2005, 07:13 AM
ite well since im grounded from driving my truck half the time im gonna have some time at the house so here is what im gonna do for a cheap quad makeover type thing to show everyone you dont have to spend hardly andy money do get your quad looking good or atleast better than it was

here is the list of what im doing
- painting wheels black
- cutting front plastics *done*
- replace bad a-arm
- paint stock front bumper red *done*
- redo my hubs a bright red *almost done*
- paint a-arms black *almost done*
- simple green the frame and motor (clean up super good)
- polish nerfs, bars, scoops, and pipe *done*
- then PC racing plastic renew agian (to get it all shiney) *done*
- and im installing a new prodesign kill switch

should look pretty good ill show yall how it goes with what i get done every day with pics of what im doing oh and since this a going to be cheap im paint it all my self and doing everything for $40 or under anysuggestions on colors are welcome but i think those will look good together

Ridin' Jesse
03-07-2005, 09:24 AM
it sounds good!...only thing is that i dont like the PC Plastic Renew...it messed up my plastic....i use a power buffer and armorall after im done smoothing it...works pretty well!

Mxjunkie
03-07-2005, 10:33 AM
Sounds awesome, I'm doing the same thing with my banshee pretty much. Good luck! :macho

Kurt Glore
03-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Damn, how long are you grounded for?

Rootar
03-07-2005, 03:01 PM
till when they say but ill get it all done by next week end for sure ima go start pretty soon i know i got all tonight all tuesday night wednesday night and friday night so thats quite a bit of time right there then ill have sunday afternoon and start over next week same schedule im usally doin stuff thursday and saturday= girlfriends day so yea i got some time

btw Pc plastic renew works great for me makes it lookbetter than it did new (maybe its just the way i do it and take so much time) idunno

Rootar
03-07-2005, 09:39 PM
well i finished the polishing its most all done except some stuff i was doing for the first time (throttle cover and brake resivor) i finshed the bumper in red. it looks sweet. i got my hubs off and i started sanding my arms. its looking good so far should finsh the hubs tomorrow and have at least a couple coats on the arms and i hope to start on the wheels tomorrow

oh yea and i cut them plastics they look sweet

Trevor
03-08-2005, 05:33 AM
post some pics! Was it hard to cut your plastics because I have been thinking of doing that.

Rootar
03-08-2005, 07:02 AM
i take the front fenders off tonight and take a pic with the webcam because my cuz has the digital cam so ill bring the stuff inside and take pics part by part

on the fenders its not the hard just took a air powered dremel tool with a cutting disk and had at them. they arent completely finshed as far as smoothing up so ill do that before i take a pic tonight

Rootar
03-09-2005, 07:00 AM
hey here is a couple of pics my hubs are the same red as the bumper and my arms are gloss black they were still drying last night when i took these pics but here are my fenders and front bumper (you can kinda see how well the pc plastic renew works for me in the pic but its so much shineyer in person)

fendershttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid160/pcbb9ece91ee5f2eba129a61434c11c07/f4e3cd47.jpg

bumperhttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid160/p77282e19ac9d961f09ff003799793e2c/f4e3cd4b.jpg

sry for the bad quality its a cheap web cam

btw my dad had no idea what is was doing to my quad till last night when he saw the pieces of my fenders laying out on a trailer near where he parks his truck, man was he surprised to see what all i had done i figured he get mad cause he told me along time ago i couldnt cut my fenders off but after i set my plastics back on there and showed him he actually liked it and all the painting i was doing:p :macho :D

Rootar
03-10-2005, 07:21 AM
ill post pics tonight of the hubs and arms and ill take off my pipe and heat shield to show yall alittle of the polishing work i did

Rootar
03-11-2005, 10:14 PM
here are the pics i was supposed to post up yesterday night

a-arms (turned out great) 3 coats black and 2 clear coats
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid160/p2d9456c61d0d347dba73c24ec39e89f0/f4dc805e.jpg

hubs the rears truned out good but im having to redo the fronts i put 3 coats red and 2 clear on the hubs
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid160/pa585a5df593496c6b19c81c5c90c1013/f4dc8061.jpg
(it looks like i paitned the bolts but i didnt and man are the arms and hubs shiney everything is going good (but slow) my dad wants me to try and polish my wheels before i paint them so im going to and if the stains and scuffs dotn come out then they are gettitng paitned but im gonna wait and get ppg aluminum paint for the wheels so theyll come later

so all i got left to do is clean my motor good, install my new kill switch, and put it all back together then ill be pretty much done i think its gonna look pretty different than it did

PIMP
03-11-2005, 10:31 PM
are the a-arms p-coated black or spray painted?

Rootar
03-13-2005, 08:13 PM
they are rattle canned :ermm: they should hold up pretty good for me got three coats of black and two clear coats over that so yea remember i was going cheap with this whole deal because im frickin broke and my quad wastn looking jsut really good so thats why im doing this

and got some more stuff that im doin too it
- polish cases
- new brake pads (not cheap but ig ot to have soem new ones casue mine are gone
- some other stuff im forgettign ill think of it but ill try and get soem more pics monday or tuesday night