PDA

View Full Version : 300ex question

badass300ex
03-06-2005, 08:43 PM
I have an 03 300ex with a full pipe, K&N,rev box , jetted with no lid.I always ran a 128 main jet and the plug was tan but just recently I put my headlight right behind the front bumper right under the front plastics and ever since I did that it runs lean. The pipe was glowing almost half way back and It never did that before so I put in a 130 and that took care of the pipe glowing but the plug is still white. Do you think the headlight is blocking air or something?

dork
03-06-2005, 10:34 PM
the headlight may have blocked the air flow to the headpipe which kept it from glowing before. but if it was blocking off your engine's air supply, then you'd be running richer. did you change anything else when you moved the light?

stonerider250x
03-07-2005, 03:21 PM
i believe the air intake is up front under the hood some where cuz if u look in ur air box i can see where air actually flows throught the frame into the airbox. if u follow ath frame from the air box u may be able to se where it brings the air in and then see if the head light is restricting airflow.