PDA

View Full Version : head mods

srooney_12
03-06-2005, 08:15 PM
got my head off right now and i need to have my valve seals replaced. does anyone know how much that would cost and should i have and mods done while its in the shop like port and polish or valve job

rubiowner01
03-06-2005, 09:33 PM
The local machine shop in my area charged me 45$ to replace the valve seals and do a complete vavle job. I had to provide them with the seals which were about 7$ at my local dealer. I did this when I had them bore out my cylinder. They also made them look like like brand new because they were cleaned so well. The price will vary from shop to shop, but maybe this will give you some idea...

srooney_12
03-07-2005, 12:01 PM
did you notice a difference in power

gojk
03-07-2005, 01:35 PM
If you get the valve seats cut and you lap the valves when you put them back in, more than likely you will notice a power increase. Mine had carbon built up on the exhaust valves not letting them fully close, so when I did it, it made a huge difference.

rubiowner01
03-07-2005, 03:18 PM
I did both a bore and and a valve job at the same time, so I dont know how much power increase was caused by the valve job alone. If your valves are in bad condition, then you would notice a difference....