PDA

View Full Version : 250ex owners

YFZ450Ridr
03-06-2005, 07:43 PM
well friday night i went and picked up some new tires for my 250ex. all they had was a set of 20x10x9, i wasnt happy that it was 20s and that they were the yfz tires either, but i gave it a try. i ride trails, creeks, fields stuff like and holy crap do they work good! i only lost an inch of clearance in the rear and its not noticeable, and its also geared down quite a bit. i can come out of a turn hard in second and the front end is reaching for the sky! usually that doesn happen with me but the yfz tires work good. they hook up nice, you have to lean a little more in turns becuase they are a little more low profile, but its nice. it acceraltes faster but the top speed is a little lower. i have the power in second that i had in first, its awesome. i am faster in the trails now too because of the faster acceration. i wish they were razrs or something but i am happy with what i have. if you have a 250ex i would reccomend trying a set of 20 inch tires, similar to the yfz tire, a razr or seomthing. they work well.

bens250ex
03-09-2005, 03:40 PM
i have 20 kenda klaws work great..i hated the 22's the 20's are good if you dont wont top speed