PDA

View Full Version : Never thought I'd do this ... :(

Quad18star
03-06-2005, 07:41 PM
But the time has come for me to pack it in . As much as I would love to stay in the sport , I just can't afford to injure myself anymore .

I might one day get myself a 4x4 quad to toy around with , but for now I'm going to sell my YFZ and purchase a newer 4x4 truck and maybe a fishing boat ( 16 footer with casting decks , live well , storage compartments ) . It was a great time with the quad ( the very little I used it) ... but not being able to work cuz of injuries takes it's toll .... you know working only 3 months out of a 12 month year REALLY blows .

After I sell the bike , I'll still stay on this site because I've met so many awesome people . I was here before I had a quad and I'll stay here after .

Anyways ... here's the link for the bike in the For Sale section .

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149521

roostin_dale
03-06-2005, 07:44 PM
sucks to see ya leave man...but good luck with the 4x4 and the boat! ;)

86350x
03-06-2005, 07:44 PM
Good luck, I was thinking of doing the same thing. I always have buds to snowmobile with. But not quads anymore. Might sell the banshee and just pick up another slead.

Good luck selling it, and not getting your new roomate pregnant.:confused:

Stunt Crew<-_->
03-06-2005, 07:46 PM
suxs man, Get some pics of your lifted fully decked truck along with the cobalt boat behind it :D

Bush0102
03-06-2005, 07:50 PM
that sucks greg...but sometimes the time comes to try new things.

If things dont work out for me this season i may find myself in your same position. good luck with everything, and if you want to survive living with your new roomie, stay out of the sack with her...

JR3
03-06-2005, 07:52 PM
Sux to see ya go. But u gotta do what ya gotta do.

86350x
03-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Maybe he'll get to see some hot girl on girl action:confused:

Make sure you lock the door so you don't get caught:confused: Sorry to take another thread off-topic, just having fun with ya.

Pappy
03-06-2005, 08:01 PM
sucks but i can understand. i hope you do stick around:D

Quad18star
03-06-2005, 08:03 PM
LOL .... I'm now going out with this girl .... she's not into that kind of girl on girl stuff either ... I asked . :p

But yeah ... like one of you guys said ... there comes a point in life where you need to move on . Quads have been a blast and like I said .. I'll probably one day get another ... but I can't afford to get hurt anymore . I'm lucky that I'll still have my job when I return to work .... I'm not gunna risk it anymore .

Butters
03-06-2005, 08:05 PM
yeah i know how you feel. i too am gettinf where i have no one to ride with. its getting more and more where people are selling their quads and buying fast cars and i'm starting to want to do that. i guess i'll just see where it ends up. good luck though.

86350x
03-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
LOL .... I'm now going out with this girl .... she's not into that kind of girl on girl stuff either ... I asked . :p

But yeah ... like one of you guys said ... there comes a point in life where you need to move on . Quads have been a blast and like I said .. I'll probably one day get another ... but I can't afford to get hurt anymore . I'm lucky that I'll still have my job when I return to work .... I'm not gunna risk it anymore .

Well, since your going out with her your deffinantly not going to be able to afford the quad.

I was going to say, hot female roomate. Getting up for a midnight snack or a glass of water in her underware:confused: Could be hard to live with:eek:

Woodsrider
03-06-2005, 08:45 PM
I cant blame you, there comes a time when you have to step back and take a look at the speed at which you're living your life. In your case, its best to get out before you cripple yourself;) Quads will be there if you decide to get back in, and if you dont, its probably for the better. Have a blast what ever you decide.

Quad18star
03-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by 86350x
Well, since your going out with her your deffinantly not going to be able to afford the quad.

I was going to say, hot female roomate. Getting up for a midnight snack or a glass of water in her underware:confused: Could be hard to live with:eek:

HAHA ... No No ... I've learnt my lesson about spending MY money on girls ... it ain't gunna happen anymore . Sure I might buy her a few things ... but she ain't going shopping on my paycheck like past girlfriends have done .

Now I don't have to worry about seeing a roomate in her underwear ..... I can now just stare at her while she gets up for water and she's naked . :devil: Joys of having your own place ... close the blinds and walk around in the buff . :p

03-06-2005, 10:08 PM
that sucks dude!!

hey... going a little off topic.....

i have some fish finder and some fishing goodies for u!

Mxjunkie
03-06-2005, 10:12 PM
I wouldnt sell it, but thats just me. I've gotten hurt alot lately but with your accident, it was just one of those freak accidents that happen.

Quad18star
03-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
sucks but i can understand. i hope you do stick around:D

Oh I'll stick around ... this is a great website .

Instead of posting pics of my quad , I'll be posting pics of my truck and boat . :p

SGA
03-06-2005, 10:29 PM
I think Gregs smart enough to know whats best in a given situation. Good luck man!
And reply to my dam PM!:D

Quad18star
03-06-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
I wouldnt sell it, but thats just me. I've gotten hurt alot lately but with your accident, it was just one of those freak accidents that happen.

I know it was a bad luck accident , but I still can't afford to have another "bad luck" accident happen . I'm really lucky that they are holding my job position for me at work .

I hate to have to do it , but when you have the doctors tell you that it's your best bet not to continue with it .... when you have your parents ask you to stop ... same with friends and family tell you that they don't want to see you get hurt again ... you kind of see the light of it all . I know with this sport , injuries are bound to happen . But you know how they say the 3rd time is a charm ... or 3 strikes you're out .... well I'm on strike 2 and I don't want to see what strike 3 has to offer .

I'll still try and stay involved with the sport ... hell my job occupation revolves around this sport ... so maybe I'll find myself one day being the race organizer or giving a helping hand to a local race team . I'm not leaving the sport of ATVing or racing ... I'm just going to sit and watch from the sidelines ( hopefully in a jacked up truck :devil: )

Quad18star
03-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by SGA
I think Gregs smart enough to know whats best in a given situation. Good luck man!
And reply to my dam PM!:D

Thanks Howie .

And a reply has been sent to that damn PM . :p ;)

JTRtrx250r
03-06-2005, 11:29 PM
ya know bro, as sad is it is to hear...its totally understandable, and when I say this..dont take it wrong...but I think your making the right call dude, everytime I read or see about that leg...I cringe man, you only get 1 body to Ef up...even if they can grow chit in a jar these days:p :D

I gotta say I admire you for how long you wanted to stay w/ it, but am glad to hear what you have to say...for you and that leg dude

and besides dude...ya cant bail on us, I kinda like ya LOL:D

Quad18star
03-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
ya know bro, as sad is it is to hear...its totally understandable, and when I say this..dont take it wrong...but I think your making the right call dude, everytime I read or see about that leg...I cringe man, you only get 1 body to Ef up...even if they can grow chit in a jar these days:p :D

I gotta say I admire you for how long you wanted to stay w/ it, but am glad to hear what you have to say...for you and that leg dude

and besides dude...ya cant bail on us, I kinda like ya LOL:D

LOL ... Thanks man . It's taken me 2 serious accident ( 1 life threatning) and 5 surgeries to realize I've put myself through too much already . Like you said , you only get one body ... and I've beaten it to hell and have the scars to prove it . I guess I've come to realize that I don't want to be 40 and not be able to walk .

I always told myself that no injury would ever take me out of the sport .... but I've had 7 months to think about it now , and it sure as hell isn't an easy decision to make ... but you gotta sacrifice some things sometimes . What get's me , is when I think back at the accident ... if that dirtbike would have been 3 inches to the left or if I'd have been a 1/2 second faster ... chances are I wouldn't be here cuz he'd have caught me right in my neck , head and chest area . It sure as hell opens your eyes !!!

And I ain't leaving here .... like I said ... I've formed friendships through this website . The site is filled with a great bunch of people ... a ton of information .... and it's a ton of fun seeing whats new everyday . I was here before I had the quad , and I'll be here after it's gone . This sport is a passion of mine .... it will be tough watching from the sidelines ... but like I said in an earlier post ... I'll stay involved with the sport somehow or another .

86350x
03-07-2005, 08:04 AM
Still waiting for your chick pics, its been about 6 months:confused:

I just had one call and wake me up:mad:

How old is your new chick? Any chances on a nice much safer snowmobile:confused: :D

03-07-2005, 10:56 AM
tell me if u want a display for ur radar!....for the boat.

Quad18star
03-07-2005, 11:02 AM
Still waiting for your chick pics, its been about 6 months:confused:

I just had one call and wake me up:mad:

How old is your new chick? Any chances on a nice much safer snowmobile:confused: :D

John .... whats your email address ?? ;) Melodie is 22 . And yes ... plans are in the works for a snowmobile for next season . I'll wait till the spring and summer time before I purchase one . :p

muddy400EX
03-07-2005, 11:42 AM
that is a sweet yfz you got there:eek: i hate to see people leaving this sport, but i understand where your coming from, good luck with whatever you decide to do:)

zephead400ex
03-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Greg, I think your probably making the right decision. Hell, I would have opted out a long time ago. It's not worth your health later on in life to have a little bit of fun now. Fishing is probably a little more safe:D

Just so everyone knows, Greg has picked a good lookin' chick to move in with.

Best of luck to ya man!

SGA
03-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Just so everyone knows, Greg has picked a good lookin' chick to move in with.
Here greg, your'e going to need this:D

http://www.qis.net/~jimjr/men80.htm

Quad18star
03-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Thanks Preston .... the only thing I'll have to worry about is getting bitten by a fish .... I think i can handle that . ;) . I'm sure Melodie will appreciate all the nice comments :) .

Howie ... that is a great link . LOL .

" "Yeah yeah, you look fine." isn't considered a compliment by any woman" ... I guess I'll have to stop using that one . :ermm: :blah:

Punk'd
03-07-2005, 03:28 PM
see ya.. hope you make the right decision bro

03-07-2005, 08:21 PM
**cough**fishfinder**cough**

!!!!

86350x
03-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Pm sent, I've been in a few bad crashes snowmobiling and have never broken a limb. Nice soft snow really helps.

I think you'd be safe.:D

Quad18star
03-07-2005, 10:00 PM
Picture was sent to you John .

I think a sled will be a little more forgiving for me than a quad . I guess only time will tell with what I buy . I just placed a bid on ebay for a 95 GMC Z71 ext cab 4x4 with a lift and 39s . The truck looks pretty sick .

http://i22.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/88/64/6b_1_b.JPG
http://i14.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/88/ab/a0_1_b.JPG

86350x
03-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Gregs new chick looks like a younger version of shania:) , and she ware size 4 underware:p

I'd look for a 96-98 chevy/gmc. They have the updated, more powerful reliable 5.7 in them. The newer 5.4's have the dreaded piston slapp, that's why I'll probrably switch to ford when I buy another one, unless I can find another one like I have with low miles and NO RUST!

Quad18star
03-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Gregs new chick looks like a younger version of shania:) , and she ware size 4 underware:p

I'd look for a 96-98 chevy/gmc. They have the updated, more powerful reliable 5.7 in them. The newer 5.4's have the dreaded piston slapp, that's why I'll probrably switch to ford when I buy another one, unless I can find another one like I have with low miles and NO RUST!

:p

Does anyone know anything about the 95 Z71s ?? Are there any known problems with them??

86350x
03-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Ask 400grl, I think hers is a 94 or a 95. They don't have as much power. Some peoples last, most of em around here don't:confused: