PDA

View Full Version : Crash!!!!!!!!

beerock
05-06-2002, 08:04 PM
I landed on a bump off of a 45 fot double at jack frost and got bucked off.
I flew like 10 feet in the air and landed on my back, I got up in time to see my bike coming off the grab bar and landing on all four wheels.

I think the bike flipped end over end twice.

I bent my +2 steering stem and cracked my rear plastics.
The renthals are still straight!!!!

I held on the bike until i hit the hood with my back and I got bruised from the hand gaurd on the top of my left forearm.(from holding on when I was in front of the bars upside down)

I also found a bruise on my bacl from where I landed.

Other than that I had a great day......

jack frost needs to get osme competent people that know how to wet the track down and make the landing jumps smooth.

THEY SUCK AT THAT

after coming up short, im switching to 18's so i have tons of acceleration. I would have made it if I had 18's:o

well, im gonna try to striaghten my stem out........

I just happen to sell my stock length stem on ebay but I think I have to cancel that auction, just incase I break this stem or bend it really bad again....

05-06-2002, 08:14 PM
Glad to hear you survived your crash there Broque. Good thing you did give up that death grip and let go or the bike may have landed right on top of you (something that scares me pretty good)
and that would have sucked.

Is this one your worst crash?

I guess its the price of the glory of doing the big ones.

How did the carbon fiber wheels hold up?

Well hang in there and get it back together.

05-07-2002, 08:06 AM
Gald ta here your OK beerock,,now get some dang 18 for the rear end on that sucka..:D

beerock
05-07-2002, 08:54 AM
The carbon fiber rims held up awesome!

It was a pretty horrific crash.It wasnt my worse.
My worse crash was over a triple at englishtown raceway on my 125cc dirt bike back in 91, I was landing and a guy landed his fornt tire on my back. I broke my arm sprained my left wrist and right ankel, and burnt my leg because the bike was lying on my calf.

when I was on the ground sliding on sunday, I was praying that the bike wouldnt hit me.I could hear it in back of me tumbling.

ya rico, I had to hit every jump perfect with the 20's with 14/39 gearing even if I fanned the clutch I didnt make some jumps.

it was a joke, some jumps were like 5 ft out of the turn and were small 20 foot doubles, I was casing it on them :rolleyes:

I also realized that a +2 stem isnt that good for tumbles they bend alot easier because of the length:rolleyes:

I dont care though im gonna straighten it and keep using it, ill use my stock length as a back up.

that +2 inches on the stem is a night and day difference.

if I get a aftermarket frame im gonna get a -1 subframe so I only need a +1 stem to make it +2 total.
well see...

NJ300ex
05-07-2002, 03:04 PM
Does this mean you are getting new plastic?

beerock
05-07-2002, 03:31 PM
nope.... zip ties...... I dont care what my bike LOOKS like besides the only time it looks clean is when i come to the track and when I wash it after a day of riding.

I will get new plastics once I get my frame, swingarm and shocks
looks is the last thing on my mind.

I know what gets the job done and it aint looks....

05-07-2002, 09:32 PM
I know what gets the job done and it aint looks....

But I likes to looks good when I crashes :devil

PsychoDave
05-10-2002, 11:27 AM
GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE OK, BEEROCK....NEXT TIME LEAN BACK MORE AND TRY TO RIDE THAT BRONCHO!!! lol